Hello - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 14:59 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Eriba Hymer 644
Personal Aire
Hello

Was looking for some info when I found this site. So decided to join, it suggested I say hi so here I am. I spend about 5 months of the year exploring European countries with my dog and have a great time doing it. I have a classic Hymer 644 which I have owned from new and think she is wonderful, I say she as her name is Prudence (christened by my wife) mainly because this describes the way in which she has to be driven. Anyway I have been busy completing the profile stuff and uploading some pics and will add more as I travel.

I never camp out overnight. I figure snakes don't sleep in my room, I won't sleep in theirs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 15:02

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Welcome, you will find a wealth of knowledge on here and some very nice people.

Dick
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 16:31

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Good decision and welcome small dog - so who's the "big dog" in your van?? Looking forward to hearing about your travels, and whatever opinions and experiences you feel like sharing. This is a good community - so willing to give and share. I've learnt so much... and been "rescued" on numerous occasions. Happy travels in 2017.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 16:35

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,157 Times in 1,003 Posts
Personal Aire
Welcome to MHF Smalldog. Love that Avatar. Your travelling agenda sounds similar to our except last year we stayed for the first time in years in the UK. Look forward to hearing more about your van and adventures.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 16:55

My Motorhome: Autocruise Startrail
Personal Aire
Welcome aboard matey

Wife: Have you got a fiver ? Me: 4 ? what do you want 3 for ?
Here's 2, bring me the change !
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 18:09

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Hi and welcome to MHF small dog, tell us a bit about yourself, we don't bite, well most of us don't
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 18:23

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Welcome

So what breed ,mixed breed, is that small dog ?

I'm Aldra or Sandra

I only bite on occasions

Sandra
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 23:17

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Welcome to MHF and happy travels!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:18

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Welcome smalldog. Yours is a wonderful way of life - enjoy it while you can, and make us jealous with your pics!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 11:54 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Eriba Hymer 644
Personal Aire
Thank you all for such a welcome. Okay here goes with some info. Back in another time I joined the Army and was sent to Germany, met my wife, had kids (well she did, but I helped ) and we spent most of their childhood and of course BC (before children) camping in Europe including the UK although we never moved back to live there.It was during the early 80's that we borrowed a Westfalia VW camper from friends and had a wild time for a few weeks in the summer, this hooked us on the idea of our own camper. Having two kids, a dog and us we wanted something bigger and so went along to a showroom and saw Pru. It was love at first sight and so began our adventures. Back in those days cars were not so big and Pru being 7 meters long and 2.5 wide was a little fun for my wife (I already had my HGV licence so Pru was a breeze) but she soon settled into the routine of driving. That summer in 1986 off we went, our shiney new mobile home and family, dog and our son's guinea pig. We lived then in the North of Germany and so planned to drive south to Konstance then east to Austria, we have long wide autobahns as most of you will know and whilst being boring mostly get you places fast. But the novelty of Pru and the kids being wild at the thought of sleeping in the bed over the cab was exciting enough and so we had no *are we there yet* issues. Anyway that was the start, since then over the years we have been to every country in Europe, crossed the Med to get to Greek islands, and explored some amazing places. Pru has been redecorated countless times, and many things added or removed as happens but most of her fixtures and fittings are all original. After the kids left home, son to New Zealand, daughter to Canada, we continued to travel and decided to keep Pru until the old girl could do no more. Well these days I am retired, my wife has her own mobile home up in the sky and I still spend a long time travelling. To answer your question Sandra my close family now is my German Shepherd called Scarlett, she is a pure bred and now 2 a wonderful companion as I explore new places. Currently I am travelling in France and Belgium following the path of WW1, (I am a bit of a history nerd) learning much, meeting some wonderful people and enjoying every minute. In a week I will head south for the warm, its damn cold here, but a quick stop in Switzerland to see some friends first, then to the Med coast of France, then I think over the mountains to Spain I want to see the Coast south of Madrid. Well I think thats enough from me for now, I will add pictures as I travel. Until then be safe have a great New Year and many happy travels.

I never camp out overnight. I figure snakes don't sleep in my room, I won't sleep in theirs.

Last edited by Smalldog; 06-01-2017 at 12:46.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page