Newbie with truma 6002 problems - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 14:43 Thread Starter

Newbie with truma 6002 problems

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but anyway, I have a adria 3 berth MH on a 2006 fiat ducato that I am having trouble getting my boiler to work,

The combi boiler is a truma C 6002 which does both, hot water and heating,

When I turn the truma thermostat to the winter setting 60 degrees the green light comes on with the amber, but after a couple of minutes the amber light goes out and a red light comes on,

I can hear a clicking noise when I first turn the dial on then to 60 degrees and then a louder click and then nothing, the same happens when I turn the dial on to summer setting 40-60 degrees,

I have contacted a number of people from the truma website,

The first person I contacted said it could be the PCB board which would cost over £200+, and that there was no real way to test this part to see if it was even broken, he also told me that if he rang Truma they would just say start with fitting a new PCB board and then go through all the parts, by that time I would be well into £1000+

Another person I contacted said he could test the PCB board and then go through all the other parts to find out what was broken,

I then called another engineer just for piece of mind and he told me that he could test the circuit board to see if it had any broken bits on it and if so he could replace the broken part on the PCB board,

Not sure which road to go down or do I just scrap the boiler and fit a new one??

Any help would be much appreciated,
Ab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:00

My Motorhome: Hymer MLI 540
Have you checked your gas supply is OK?
Steve

Life is not a rehearsal, so lets get on with the show
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:08

Hi,

Have you removed the outside weather cover before trying to ignite the boiler?

Cheers

Molenoux

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:35

Lets start at the basics shall we

Has the circuit breaker tripped?? (ie is that the louder click you hear?)
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:37 Thread Starter

Yes I have removed the external flew cover, and the gas seems to be fine I can get gas on the hob/grill
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:43

My Motorhome: Autotrail Dakota Super Lowline
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by adria123
Yes I have removed the external flew cover, and the gas seems to be fine I can get gas on the hob/grill
If it uses the same controls as our Truma then you can use one of 3 settings. Gas only.....electric only......or gas and electric together.

The red light sounds like a failure in the gas side of things. Have you tried the boiler on electric only to see if that works first? If you can try and narrow down the fault a bit that may help in identifying the problem.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:45 Thread Starter

It's not the circuit breaker in the MH so does it have one in the boiler itself, the only electrics I could find on the boiler was in the black box with the PCB board?.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:47

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Hi adria123

Firstly, the 60/40 degree setting is to determine the temperature of the hot water, not primarily connected with summer/winter use. If you're using the heater to heat water only without space heating are you certain that the boiler is full of water? I think I'm right in saying that in these circumstances if the boiler is not full of water it will not work. I suspect the same may also apply if the 60 deg water + space heating setting is used without water in the boiler.

If you are having a problem you can determine the nature of that problem from the diagnostic indicator LEDs on the boiler PCB, this is located under a plastic cover mounted on the side of the boiler. In the event of a failure a red LED on that PCB will repeatedly flash a code of dots and dashes. If you make a note of the code and contact Truma they will tell you why the boiler has failed. If your "engineer" isn't aware of this procedure then the best plan is to use a different engineer as he obviously knows nothing about Truma boilers.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:50 Thread Starter

The truma c6002 is a gas supply only
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 13-11-2012, 15:54

Having a gas supply at the stove does not rule out a problem with the gas supply, a common fault is the gas regulator not supplying enough gas to run a 6kw heater
You could make some checks as follows
1. Run the heater on the water heating setting only. If the boiler runs the regulator is suspect
2. To further prove the on board fitted regulator connect a propane bottle and regulator to the system using a rubber hose and hose clip
If the boiler runs on the heating setting replace the regulator
Hope this helps and saves a lot of expense

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page