Inflatable kayaks - Page 29 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

184Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 283 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 15:18

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Yes to be fair, you do manage very well, you just need to be less defeatist and try harder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 03:40

Personal Aire
I went out with my brother in law toady and he brought his new Intex K2 inflatable Kayak. Its not designed for the sea, but it coped well in a slightly choppy swell in the Solent. He bought his as a kit for 80 from Amazon, and I was sceptical. Its actually very good, and we are going to get one for our trips in the van, even if its just for the wife and kids.

Rollerteam Autoroller 700, Ford Transit 140 T350
Mertie Moto

My Travels https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...M.kY_dTDvKO74w
post #283 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 08:52

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,103 Times in 956 Posts
Personal Aire
A guy at our Gym has an Intex K2 Kayak for him and his son to use when out camping. Reckoned it was good fun. The 3 meter dinghies we have had were from Intex at about 50 a pop but I went through three of them, the last one ending up in a skip in the Pyrenees. I still have the latest one but its not getting used now since I got the Kayak. Not sure about their Kayaks but the problem with the dinghies is they are a single skin and not really much thicker than your average lilo. They were forever getting punctured but I found some magic clue in a Chandlers in France that you just dabbed on the hole and by morning it was better than new. I never managed to find the exact same product in the UK though, this stuff was amazing.

One of the things Im delighted about the Madison though is its so tough. The double skin is like one of those old canvas tents and I really think it would take a lot of hammer to burst it and in theory you could get a nick in the outer skin and as long as the internal bladder is sound it wont go down.

Not sure I would take it in rapids or low water on a river where it would get dragged over rocks but I Think its designed for a bit of abuse.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page