The Naked Doctor - blatant book advert - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 20:36 Thread Starter

The Naked Doctor - blatant book advert

The Naked Doctor by Dr Evadne Hinge

A story withheld from the BBC for 70 years and only now released from the unofficial Secrets Act! This may go viral and you heard it here first on MHF.

Promotional Youtube Video

First Issue is available now from http://www.lulu.com and will shortly be available for Amazon ebook download.

WQT32 - 35% discount code valid until 3rd December only and then KTP4 - 25% from the 4th December.

George Logan is a dear friend who lives just up the road from us in France and we truly wish him all the best in his launch as a best selling writer. I might add that I have absolutely no involvement in the finances of this endeavour.

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 20:55

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
Please forgive me if I am speaking out of turn, but the only "Doctor Hinge" I remember was a comedy partnership called "Hinge & Bracket" in the 70's.

Can it be the same?

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 21:18 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneSmith
Please forgive me if I am speaking out of turn, but the only "Doctor Hinge" I remember was a comedy partnership called "Hinge & Bracket" in the 70's.

Can it be the same?
It is indeed the one and only and 100% real Dr, Evadne Hinge of Hinge & Bracket fame. Sadly Patrick Fyffe (Dame Hilda) died in 2002 but George continues to delight us with his brilliant musical skills,

Hinge and Bracket were recently ranked highly as one of the UK's all time favourite double acts and is still currently being broadcast on BBC4 extra.

Paul
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 21:31

Personal Aire
I was listening to them (hinge and bracket) on radio 4 extra this evening, I remember them being on tv quite a lot when I was a lad, "the good old days" etc, I thought they were both dead, nice to be proved wrong again

Jim.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 21:54 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimblob44
I was listening to them (hinge and bracket) on radio 4 extra this evening, I remember them being on tv quite a lot when I was a lad, "the good old days" etc, I thought they were both dead, nice to be proved wrong again

Jim.
George is still very much alive and a very fit 70 year old - which I think you will see in the video. JIm I was going to send him the link to this thread - but now I'm not so sure

Paul

ps - click the More link on the Video for reviews of the book - only just discovered it
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 22:05

Personal Aire
Wait and see how the thread developes, you don't want to send him a link if people come on and say some less than flattering stuff.
I really thought he would be older than 70, I'm 52 and when I saw them as a youngster I always thought they were old then lol, good make up and characterision shines through as does the talent.

Jim.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 22:10

Hinge and Bracket were absolutely brilliant. Really funny TV. Very pleased to hear that George Logan is very fit and well and enjoying his retirement. Please send a thumbs up to a fan - they gave our family many laughs
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 22:12

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Hinge and Bracket, just brilliant.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 22:41

Personal Aire
I count myself as fortunate to have seen them both on stage in London at the height of their superb act. They never came out of character and both produced one of the most memorable evenings when the whole audience were taken back into their Victorian parlour where they sang and chatted; wonderful!

Alan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page