Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Motorhoming Pastimes (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/209-motorhoming-pastimes/)
-   -   The Naked Doctor - blatant book advert (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/209-motorhoming-pastimes/123851-naked-doctor-blatant-book-advert.html)

baldlygo 02-12-2014 21:36

The Naked Doctor - blatant book advert

The Naked Doctor by Dr Evadne Hinge

A story withheld from the BBC for 70 years and only now released from the unofficial Secrets Act! This may go viral and you heard it here first on MHF.

Promotional Youtube Video

First Issue is available now from http://www.lulu.com and will shortly be available for Amazon ebook download.

WQT32 - 35% discount code valid until 3rd December only and then KTP4 - 25% from the 4th December.

George Logan is a dear friend who lives just up the road from us in France and we truly wish him all the best in his launch as a best selling writer. I might add that I have absolutely no involvement in the finances of this endeavour.

Paul

HurricaneSmith 02-12-2014 21:55

Please forgive me if I am speaking out of turn, but the only "Doctor Hinge" I remember was a comedy partnership called "Hinge & Bracket" in the 70's.

Can it be the same?

baldlygo 02-12-2014 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneSmith
Please forgive me if I am speaking out of turn, but the only "Doctor Hinge" I remember was a comedy partnership called "Hinge & Bracket" in the 70's.

Can it be the same?

It is indeed the one and only and 100% real Dr, Evadne Hinge of Hinge & Bracket fame. Sadly Patrick Fyffe (Dame Hilda) died in 2002 but George continues to delight us with his brilliant musical skills,

Hinge and Bracket were recently ranked highly as one of the UK's all time favourite double acts and is still currently being broadcast on BBC4 extra.

Paul

Jimblob44 02-12-2014 22:31

I was listening to them (hinge and bracket) on radio 4 extra this evening, I remember them being on tv quite a lot when I was a lad, "the good old days" etc, I thought they were both dead, nice to be proved wrong again :)

Jim.

baldlygo 02-12-2014 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimblob44
I was listening to them (hinge and bracket) on radio 4 extra this evening, I remember them being on tv quite a lot when I was a lad, "the good old days" etc, I thought they were both dead, nice to be proved wrong again :)

Jim.

George is still very much alive :!: and a very fit 70 year old - which I think you will see in the video. JIm I was going to send him the link to this thread - but now I'm not so sure :(

Paul

ps - click the More link on the Video for reviews of the book - only just discovered it :roll:

Jimblob44 02-12-2014 23:05

Wait and see how the thread developes, you don't want to send him a link if people come on and say some less than flattering stuff.
I really thought he would be older than 70, I'm 52 and when I saw them as a youngster I always thought they were old then lol, good make up and characterision shines through as does the talent.

Jim.

duxdeluxe 02-12-2014 23:10

Hinge and Bracket were absolutely brilliant. Really funny TV. Very pleased to hear that George Logan is very fit and well and enjoying his retirement. Please send a thumbs up to a fan - they gave our family many laughs

erneboy 02-12-2014 23:12

Hinge and Bracket, just brilliant.

rosalan 02-12-2014 23:41

I count myself as fortunate to have seen them both on stage in London at the height of their superb act. They never came out of character and both produced one of the most memorable evenings when the whole audience were taken back into their Victorian parlour where they sang and chatted; wonderful!

Alan