Motorhome storage in the US? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 18:14 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
Motorhome storage in the US?

A UK friend of mine sister in Florida has died and left her MH to her. She is trying to decide whether to sell it or keep it in the US for a few holidays before doing so or co-owing with someone.

She wants to about storage. Her sister lived in Fort Meyers and had the air con permanently connected when not in use. What are the implications of storing in the US? They are not tied to Florida so where else might be a good location for storage and access for travel

What are any other implications for remote ownership?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 18:44

Re: Motorhome storage in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewball1000
A UK friend of mine sister in Florida has died and left her MH to her. She is trying to decide whether to sell it or keep it in the US for a few holidays before doing so or co-owing with someone.

She wants to about storage. Her sister lived in Fort Meyers and had the air con permanently connected when not in use. What are the implications of storing in the US? They are not tied to Florida so where else might be a good location for storage and access for travel

Thanks
We have a couple of RV experts on here and I'm sure they will be along soon. The main problem I can foresee is registration and insurance if she is not a US resident/citizen.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 18:45

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Hi Andrew.
There are RV storage places all over the states. But Florida gets extrememly humid and fungus can grow while in storage.

Arizona is the place and Uncle Sam stores everything there. We bought our own RV garage and broke even on the sale some years later.
OK it's hot through the summer but under cover or just in shade works for thousands of RV owners.

Look on Google and you will find 'Big Boys Toy Storage' in both states.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 18:47

Re: Motorhome storage in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanner
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewball1000

Thanks
We have a couple of RV experts on here and I'm sure they will be along soon. The main problem I can foresee is registration and insurance if she is not a US resident/citizen.
Registration and insurance is not a problem if you can use a US address. But if you don't have a US drivers license you will be loaded by the insurance co.

I still keep my LLC in Montana just in case.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 21:39 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
Thanks Ray I will pass your comments on to them. What's LLC?

I had. Californian drivers licence years ago at a friends address but did not renew it as I understood this was not possible. I also got called up for Juty duty. I said I would attend if they paid my travel expenses!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 21:58

California has some odd rules and regs. But AZ and FL will only give you a drivers license for the duration of your I-94.

An LLC is ..........................................
http://www.myrv.us/Pgs/RV/montana.htm

We have had ours for about 15+ years and it must have saved us $100k.
Ours is Heggen Law Missoula Montana.

Ray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page