Entry requirements into USA - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 10:42

My Motorhome: Mercedes 614D
Personal Aire
Clearly signed, 'no cell phones, no cameras', Ray, they are just doing their job.

We've had long delays, and after 11 hours flying its the last thing you want, but patience is needed, it's their playground and their rules.

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 12:23

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yep, agreed Peter. But it just seemed very inhumane when it was their system that had caused the problem.
You can imagine the fidgeting and impatience of all those passengers after an hour or so standing. And yes after a 10 hour flight.
I never initiated the call and was about to answer.

I still can't regard them as anything but Thugs after all the other humiliations and degrading delays.
Twice I have been detained for many hours. On their shift change the new Thugs even asked why I had been detained and suggested I go.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 12:48 Thread Starter

All sorted thanks, easy peasy.
Also arranged insurance through Mondial assistance, £107.97 for the 3 of them, one over 70, and includes cover for horse riding, £10 million medical cover, £1500 baggage and £75 excess which I thought was good value. Saga wanted £521, Age UK wanted £430.

Now for the flights

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 13:24

My Motorhome: Mercedes 614D
Personal Aire
Sounds good

Saga have consistently been the most expensive of all our quotes, yet are supposed to be catering for the over 60's.

We buy annual multi-trip cover.

Peter
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 19:11

My Motorhome: Burstner Aviano
A few years ago I was waiting in a near deserted small airport in eastern Turkey. HAd checked in and been sent through to the "lounge" and then - nothing!
A yank who was the only other person in there, and as far as I could tell, the only person left alive in the entire world, uttered the best advice for travelling anywhere, anytime and by any means - "Remember, the first thing to pack is your patience"!

Alan
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 23:48

My Motorhome: Auto Sleeper Warwick Duo
Quote:
Originally Posted by listerdiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfaRed
You do not need to complete ESTA before booking flights. You do need to do so before you fly.
You'd look pretty daft having a flight booked and then finding out that there is a problem with the ESTA application. Do the ESTA first and then it's done for 2 years.

If you can't fly you'll rarely be able to get a refund.

Peter
I'm sure there are a lot of people who book their flights first and don't necessarily know about ESTA. When they first introduced it I had done that but having been to the US before didn't have a problem. Most people wont have any problem and at least if you do it can be sorted out efore you arrive.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 18:29

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
And whatever you do (imagine USA Border SECURITY "OFFICER" in Sergeant Major type voice)

DO NOT STEP OVER THE LINE
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper
Last time I flew into Phoenix two years ago. 300 people queued up at immigration only to be told THEIR computers were 'down'.
It was over an hour and a half before they even started to process us. Mothers and babies, elderly like me, no seats and NO phone calls.
My taxi called my mobile to ask how long I was going to be and a burley immigration thug told me to turn the phone off or they would confiscate it.!!!

Welcome to the land of the 'free'.

Ray.
Yes, I have had similar - but it is very variable by location. Same in UK though. Try even smiling in security in Birmingham (wow!) - and yet Glasgow the security guys are all having fun and cracking jokes with the passengers. I fly back and forth between the two and it is consistent across time - Birmingham miserable and bark at you, Glasgow happy and helpful.

Mark Elder
See our van parked, then we´re up the nearest mountain.
Other transport: RAV4.2, 993C4, SantaCruz Superlight
Member of: CC, C&CC, IAM
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 23:11

Hi,

We recently flew to Boston from Manchester - no direct flights, so went via Shannon where you can go through US immigration before you board the plane.

Shorter transatlantic flight time as well!

Took about five minutes with no queues and on arrival at Boston you walk straight out from the domestic arrivals terminal

I think they also have US immigration at Dublin.

Steve

Steve and Sheila
Read about our latest travels in Europe on our website
http://www.motorhomeandaway.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page