Were the whipping people able to do the edges of the holes round the air vents / table leg, etc - the lack of whipping round those on the current carpets really lets the show down.
Re the cushions: Were they able to repair the backs where the velcro just rips the thin nylon covering to shreds?
Yes they did manage to do the all the whipping, including the air vents which were the most difficult. They also never lined up before. I am surprised that your current ones are not whipped, as mine were.
Combining the three pieces together has reduced the edges needing whipping and also transformed the feel of the van to a Home, especially in the cab area where I have increased the carpet coverage considerably.
You guessed right about the velcro damage to the cushion backs. I had new stronger patches put over the damaged areas. The velcro doesnt grip to these and doesnt need to as the cushions are a tight fit anyway.
The main job I needed them to do was to repair the underside of one of the bed cushions as this had split. I did get the cover off without damaging the zip, which is difficult as it is at the end, rather than down the length. They were surprised that I had managed it, so I paid them extra to refit the repaired one.
If you do consider doing yours, then have a look at this carpet. I dont know the colour scheme of your upholstery but this one is lighter than my old carpet but the supplementary colours match perfectly with those in the upright cushions. It has lightened the interior. The carpet has a definite longitudinal stripe and I wasnt sure which way it would come so I went for a 3m x 3m which gave me the option of which way to use it. I have attached some drawings I did at the outset which may be useful to you.