Travel Companions Wanted ? post here - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 18:59

Hi, just checking, as the thread seemed to come to a sudden close, if
this might develop into something? I'm very interested too..I'd love to join up for trips abroad so if this thread is still going on elsewhere could someone let me know?

Ta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 19:19

hi new2nu
Try looking at the solo forum for lots of info then send a new post with dates of travel & where to etc.
tuk-tuk
post #23 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuk-tuk
hi new2nu
Try looking at the solo forum for lots of info then send a new post with dates of travel & where to etc.
tuk-tuk

Hi, thanks for this - It looked as though there was great interest in getting something on the go following on from the first message on this thread.

I don't have anything planned for travel abroad in my van as yet - although I would really like to. I'd feel a lot safer if, like others have said on this thread, I could travel as part of a small group.

I'll keep an eye on the solo thread posts.

cheers

post #24 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 20:33
xgx

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Nu
I'd love to join up for trips abroad ...
I was going to send you a pm but realised that you're not a subscriber and wouldn't be able to reply...

Check out the 'Get together' thread here:
https://www.motorhomefacts.com/module...308644#1308644

Where might you be interested in going... France? Germany? Italy? etc., etc. etc.?
post #25 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 10:37

Hi to everyone here. Although I've only just discovered this site it's become a daily read - I love the humour, factual knowledge and considered responses from posters across all economic / age / educational backgrounds.
This particular thread I find interesting as I'm going to be full-timing solo in Europe sometime in 2013 - at present I'm looking after my father who has inoperable cancer.
For me the attraction of Andrew's idea would be the opportunity to travel occasionally in SMALL groups making stays on Aires more sociable and Wild Camping safer. Each person would invariably have useful skills [ I lived in Spain for over twenty years so my Spanish is OK, my French non existent ]. Please keep this thread going; I would dearly have liked to tour Slovenia earlier as I'm thinking of getting a property there when the Euro debacle resolves one way or another.
Best wishes to the " Band of Gypsies " - I will be a subscriber when the time is right.....
post #26 of 105 (permalink) Old 14-10-2012, 20:37

Can I come too....

Definitely interested. I am also a solo traveller and second Viv's concerns above. I prefer to wild camp tho.

Looking forward to seeing some of you later this year or next....
Lorraine
post #27 of 105 (permalink) Old 26-10-2012, 17:36

Send a message via AIM to Steveboy Send a message via MSN to Steveboy Send a message via Yahoo to Steveboy
Actioning a great idea

Great idea. I've paid a deposit on ferry to Bilbao on Jan 8 with no further plan apart from going south till it's warmer. anybody got an idea of a place to meet in south Portugal roundabout 3rd/4th week in Jan for any of us who would like to meet / convoy down there / have a goal-aim to motivate. It would be nice to meet other solo'ers and then plan etc from there.
post #28 of 105 (permalink) Old 27-10-2012, 19:35

I'm intrigued that people think it's safer to travel with others.

Being as I seem to be by myself nearly all of the time, nearly always wild camping, given I've invested in a generator and inverter and preferring to stop by a nice park or lake or pub.

My dog, lovely as she is, could hardly see off an attacker.

I travelled through France and Spain in a rented van prior to becoming a van owner, and I found that I made friends in most places v quickly, often adopted by a British couple (wine drinking essential to this kind of bonding, it seems).

Anyway, up for joining people at various times. For the person wanting to go South in January, is ANYWHERE warm then??

Heather
post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 27-10-2012, 20:27

My Motorhome: Motorhomeless
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherChloe
Anyway, up for joining people at various times. For the person wanting to go South in January, is ANYWHERE warm then??
Heather
Last Feb/March in Spain -Although not super hot, it was a lot more comfortable than UK weather . . .[hope that hasn't jinxed it for this coming Feb/March

The people shouldn't be fearful of the government,
The government should be fearful of the people
post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 27-10-2012, 22:46

Send a message via AIM to Steveboy Send a message via MSN to Steveboy Send a message via Yahoo to Steveboy
I'm intrigued that people think it's safer to travel with others.

Being as I seem to be by myself nearly all of the time, nearly always wild camping, given I've invested in a generator and inverter and preferring to stop by a nice park or lake or pub.

Yup ... agree Chloe. Most of my time I wildcamp with occasional Aires & one campsite a month for laundry etc. Never had any probs and natives always very friendly / welcoming. My dog is small and cute and i think that helps at times.
good ocasionally to meet up with others but meeting up with other solo motorhomers is quite a rarity.
What I also find is I enjoy getting back to Wilding and being on my own once I have had 2 or 3 days of company.
You the same?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page