recommended stop near Calais for 1 night in August... - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-07-2017, 22:27

My Motorhome: Hobby 750ELC on Ducato X244
We always use Bergues for our first and last nights in France. Big enough to ensure you'll get a space for the night and a really nice town to boot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 25-07-2017, 10:49

My Motorhome: Elddis Autostratus EB
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaiuk View Post
In my albeit limited experience, an additional benefit of Baie de Somme is that lorries don't make use of the MH picnic area we are talking about, nor the nearby car picnic area which can be used as MH overflow. Possibly because of the difficulty of an artic turning there.

Malcolm
The last time we were there the far left corner of the grassed area (where the steps are) was broken down, probably the result of a lorry unable to take the corner easily. We also used the area a couple of years ago and found a lorry already parked in the MH/caravan parking/picnic area.
For the last few years we have taken to crossing to and from France on a Sunday and 6 times a year so we are probably more likely to see this misuse than most.

Gillian

I'm 83 now. Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, & complain. And most do.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
Bernard M. Baruch

Member since 2003
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 25-07-2017, 17:51

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
I would just either get to the free aire at wissant and spend a day on the beach or there is a small notorhome campsite in that area at escales I think below one of the caps (Blanc nez?). Just turn up at either but don't leave the aire too late. Bergues is no good, the op is coming from the south and its miles beyond Calais.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 26-07-2017, 07:32

My Motorhome: Autocruise Startrail
Just up the coast from Calais is Oye Plage. Theres no facilities apart from a dumper for rubbish but its only just north of calias. Its quite and free next to a restaurant but next to some sand dunes. the beach is a good walk away though but you have a nice view if you can get by the sand dunes. Ive used it a couple of times.

Have a good time - wish was coming too

The rich stay rich by living like they're poor
The poor stay poor by living like they're rich
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 26-07-2017, 10:07

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
If you're just wanting somewhere to pull in for the night then there is a pleasant parking area amongst the trees between Hardelot Plage and Neufchateau Hardelot, not too far from the A16/D940. No facilities but you'll get a nice quiet night there, its used all the time by motorhomes, we stayed over last year...

Coords 50.63391 1.59822

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Fran...php?numero=735

Pete
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 27-07-2017, 07:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaiuk View Post
If all else fails, the motorway aire at Baie de Somme on the A16 is superb. Dedicated MH/Caravan parking area away from everything, odds and sods, including a viewing tower, together with large area of (long) grass, and decorative ponds. MH service point near the main building,

Malcolm
We stop there every year as well and will be there again in October on our way to Spain.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.
The Following User Says Thank You to greygit For This Useful Post:
drcotts (01-08-2017)
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 27-07-2017, 10:49

Hotel Ball at Tournehem has a small camp site (CCC I think) very near to Calais but we tend to use the above mostly now.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.
The Following User Says Thank You to greygit For This Useful Post:
drcotts (01-08-2017)
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 27-07-2017, 10:54

My Motorhome: I drive...Elddis Autoqueat 185
Try Wissant just up the coast road less than 20 mins away going through Sangatt, Excellent aires and lovely seaside town good for strolling and eating. They have recently renovated the seafront prom etc. Good start and end to a break in France.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveRallye1 For This Useful Post:
drcotts (01-08-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page