This is not going to plan - help! - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 05:59

Floorrobes l love that name get one change of clothes that way one wash and dry one wear no messy floor.

Oh boy am l glad l never had kids or as l call them semi alien sub species

Brian l love you for eternity you are my rock and my life there will never be anyone like you or who could take your place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 07:53

Typical teenage tantrum. Either ignore her (as hard as that can be) or leave her with someone you trust while you go away. I'm making assumptions on previous relationships but maybe her father might have her - he might even be delighted at the opportunity?

If you can't leave with someone else then whatever you do don't let her win. From what you say she was included in the decision making so must face the consequences of the joint her decision.
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 08:05

Personal Aire
I have two thoughts (a lot for me).
Let her read ALL of these comments.
Ask her to write a list of the things that most seem to be negative in her eyes, about being in a Motorhome. She may not want to hurt your feelings about some things and may hold back saying them.
Being in close proximity with parents when at home is one thing, being in a van with no escape is quite another. When looked at in a non-positive way, a motorhome could be seen as claustrophobic. We may see that the world is your oyster when out in the van, she may see the world shrunk to the vans walls.

Alan

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 08:54

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Our 15 year old came away with us begrudgingly in our 35ft. Winnebago to St Tropez.
Totally destroyed everyones 7 week holiday for similar reasons.
Next Easter we took his cousin away with us and it transformed the whole two weeks in Brittany. Bliss and everyone still talks about that great time.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 09:16

My Motorhome: Hymer B644
I think it's an inevitable part of growing up and wanting to spread your wings and become more independent

I realise it's a long time ago for a lot of us but try casting your mind back to when you were a teenager and going on holiday with parents.I was fine until about 15 when it suddenly became distinctly uncool and boring to go with mum and dad

My youngest lad was 16 when he decided he didn't want to come with us any more,no big fall out,he just didn't appreciate mountains,lakes and beautiful scenery.We tried using the expensive all facility sites and letting him take a friend but to no avail.He is going to Ibiza with a bunch of lads this summer but during the occasional times of lucidity does aspire to be a motorhome/caravan owner one day.

Whatever you do it will not be good enough so my advice would be to leave the girl with some trustworthy friends or relatives and go and do your own thing.

cheers Steve
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 09:20

When we first got our mh miss Meordie was 10 and loved going away with us.A couple of years ago when she was studying for exams the time away became a bit of a burden to her as she is really keen to get good results and would moan if we were away even though she took work away with her which was fair enough so the solution was that she and Mrs Geordie stayed at home and I went away for short breaks by myself or with a friend every three weeks or so to keep the van working as we did not want to sell it. Now with the end of A levels in sight and she is off to university after the summer break me and Mrs Geordie will have the van back to to do what we want.Although Miss Geordie has expressed an interest in a trip after the exams are finished.
I must admit I really enjoyed my by myself time.
Some times it did get a bit tense in the van with Miss Geordie sitting with a face like a smacked arse till one day I said when we were at Tewksbury I said enough is enough and if it was that bad she could go home on the train with Mrs Geordie and I would continue on as planned as it was another week to go and I needed the break, after sleeping on she decided to stay with us and she did not moan again on that trip.
Seem to remember my dad pulling that one on a certain teenager a few years ago!!
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 10:31

Send a message via MSN to suedew
[quote="Mumoffive"
. Two teenagers who own prolific floordrobes..[/quote]

Knew a lovely italian lady whose solution to this was a couple of black bags the day before bin day, put all in the sacks when owners were out and hid them in a friends garage. Kept them there for a week , telling them they really would go in the bin next time, she only had to put one thing of theirs in the bin for lesson to be learned.

For the OP, this is a teenage power struggle, I don't say take her with you every time, but do take her some of the time, your choice when not hers.
As said before all part of growing up, and female hormones do not help.
Don't think she is a spoiled brat, just a normal teenager, one way to look at it is this
You are stepdad, she must be VERY secure in her relationship with you and her mum to be brave enough to behave this way in such a confined space.
You are both doing a good Job, keep it up.

Sue
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 11:00

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I LOVE mumoffive's comment about teenage children having

Quote:
mumoffive said; extensive FLOORDROBES
that is SO accurate, as I am sure virtually all of us can recall.......

Thanks very much - I will remember that one (and probably use it again! )

Dave

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulawayolass
Floorrobes l love that name get one change of clothes that way one wash and dry one wear no messy floor.

Oh boy am l glad l never had kids or as l call them semi alien sub species
A bit severe in the description as we were all awkward juveniles I guess but we're in your camp. Nobody sponging from us or using us as a free kindergarten
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 16-04-2014, 11:50

My Motorhome: Laika H680 Ecovip
Years ago my parents would go away in their caravan every weekend and take the three children with them. I initially enjoyed it but soon I found that as I started getting older (14 years onwards) I didn't like it as I was missing out on things my friends were doing. When I got to the age that they were going to parties and discos I really hated being stuck in a caravan in the middle of nowhere. I too would spend all my time reading and not leaving the van, it wasn't me rebelling or testing any boundaries it was just a case of retreating into a world of books. My father would never had put up with a truculent teenager so there was never any chance of me being involved a power struggle with him. Eventually they allowed me to stay at home whilst they went away with my brother and sister. I got arrested...but that's another story!

Terry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page