Radio Controlled Cars - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 14:14 Thread Starter

Radio Controlled Cars

The big hit of the summer of camping with the kids was bringing the Radio Controlled cars, that got thrown in as a last minute thought.

I have got a couple of old Tamiya models, and the kids are big enough to use drive them (under supervision!)

We had hours of fun using them in the UK and abroad, and spent ages building jumps, courses etc etc.

They are weather proof, and great fun on the beach, camp site etc.

Just remember the charger for the batteries

If anyone has any old Radio control cars or boats etc hiding in cupboards, I know of a couple of young kids on the look out. PM me

Cheers

TTcharlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 16:11

My Motorhome: Autotrail Miami 740 D
radio controlled cars

Ok on sites, but not aeroplanes or helicopters because of the damage they could cause to motorhomes, caravans, cars and not forgetting awnings etc.
GEOMAR

Marriage reminds me of a pack of playing cards.for a start you need two hearts and a diamond and after a few years marriage you wish you had a club and a spade
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 17:34

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I can never decide between burial or cremation so I'll make my mind up on the day.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 17:41 Thread Starter

Re: radio controlled cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOMAR
Ok on sites, but not aeroplanes or helicopters because of the damage they could cause to motorhomes, caravans, cars and not forgetting awnings etc.
GEOMAR

Uhhh, when we start talking about flying aeroplanes or helicopters on site or the damage they could cause?

I would be very impressed to see my young family fly either of these anywhere, let alone on a campsite!!!

Anyway, back to the original topic.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 18:00

I know from bitter experience what damage a helicopter can do OOPS another reflector required.

Too much red wine and not enough (any) skill and not even me flying it, difficult situation when you dont want to fall out with friends BUT if one comes out again its definitely getting grounded.

Martin
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 18:53

My Motorhome: Hymer B644GL
Hi ttcharlie

As you may be able to tell from my avatar i'm a bit of a fan myself, i hate to think of the thousands i have tied up in them, but it's worth it fantastic way to spend quality time with the kids.

we normally race indoor 12th GT (supastox) on Monday and Friday evenings, weekends racing outdoor 1/8 rally-X, then there are the regional weekend events, great fun.

If you and the kids have any interest in them at all, which it seems you have, i highly recommend looking around on the internet to find your local clubs and paying them a visit, i don't know the age of your kids, but at the clubs we race at it ranges from around 5 to 65 years. the only issue with racing with the kids is that it soon becomes evident; not only can they string a quicker lap together than you, but they are more consistent as well

any info your after, give me a shout.

Lee
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 18:58 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFlair
I know from bitter experience what damage a helicopter can do OOPS another reflector required.

Too much red wine and not enough (any) skill and not even me flying it, difficult situation when you dont want to fall out with friends BUT if one comes out again its definitely getting grounded.

Martin

Ugh, did you read my post ? we are talking about the fun kids can have with cars, not flying helicopters on a campsite.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-08-2013, 19:00 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbzone
Hi ttcharlie

As you may be able to tell from my avatar i'm a bit of a fan myself, i hate to think of the thousands i have tied up in them, but it's worth it fantastic way to spend quality time with the kids.

we normally race indoor 12th GT (supastox) on Monday and Friday evenings, weekends racing outdoor 1/8 rally-X, then there are the regional weekend events, great fun.

If you and the kids have any interest in them at all, which it seems you have, i highly recommend looking around on the internet to find your local clubs and paying them a visit, i don't know the age of your kids, but at the clubs we race at it ranges from around 5 to 65 years. the only issue with racing with the kids is that it soon becomes evident; not only can they string a quicker lap together than you, but they are more consistent as well

any info your after, give me a shout.

Lee
Currently got a tamiya sand rover, monster beetle, txt1 and the remains of a Blackfoot.

Need to get them all working but fancy an old lunchbox or midnight pumpkin for my lad.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 14:24

My Motorhome: Burstner IXEO IT734
My current toy of choice...

Anderson M5 motocross

Look it up on youtube (can't post link, internet police, at work!)

I am going into space in a vehicle made from over 3 million components, each manufactured by the lowst bidder - Neil Armstrong
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 14:38

Looking at lgbzone's avatar, that car is definitely airborne. It could be classed as flying, and therefore a possible danger to motorhomes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page