TyrePal sensors and slow punctures. - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-11-2016, 10:21 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer B584
I've never bothered with the locking screws and no one has stolen a cap in the two years they've been on.

There is an offer on the bigger unit............

TC215B/2 - RRP £135 - you pay*£99.95 - discount code XMAS20162
TC215B/4 - RRP £199 - you pay £159.95 - discount code XMAS20164

How to redeem
To take advantage of this offer just click here,http://www.tyrepal.co.uk/products/ca...essure-monitor
choosing your option of the 2 or 4 sensor system and enter the discount code at the checkout to make these fantastic savings.
If you require any assistance , please call 01543 870170

Terms and conditions
Offer available until 24th December 2016. Discount code must be used at the time of purchase.

The savings are*redeemable against complete after-market TyrePal tyre pressure monitoring systems (TC215B/2 or TC215B/4).

Cheers
Bill
The Following User Says Thank You to BillCreer For This Useful Post:
Landyman (29-11-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-11-2016, 13:51

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Richard

I use the little grub screws all the time BUT the sensors are fitted on alloy wheels (both car and caravan) and there is no problem accessing them with an Alan key. So far, after about 18 months fitment, I still have all of mine and my car has been parked in all sorts of locations. (Tempting fate???)

A lot depends on where you park your vehicle, even if you do use the security screw anyone ELSE with the same Alan key can easily nick a sensor or two. Having said that they would only be of use someone with a Tyrepal system!! (But I do accept that at £36 a time they are fairly valuable items!!)

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrplodd For This Useful Post:
Landyman (29-11-2016)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-11-2016, 14:23

Location: Silly Suffolk or on an airfield somewhere in the UK.
My Motorhome: Carthago Chic C-Line I 5.0
Personal Aire
Of course, the big advantage with TyrePal is that you don't keep having to check the pressures. They are always visible as you drive.
Fortunately the pressures on our motorhome seem to stay pretty constant so I rarely need to remove them to top up.
Next time I do remove them I'll ditch the pesky little grub screws and just hope that I don't lose a sensor.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-11-2016, 15:29

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Is the solar system an advantage over the original? Does the original use hard wiring? Wireless?

And might there be a problem with poor light not charging the solar? Does the monitor have to sit on the dash?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-11-2016, 15:47

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
I started using the grub screws but found them to be too bloody fiddly when you did need to get the sensors on and off, so ditched the use of them and haven't had a problem since or had one nicked.

the only problem I've had is that one sensor decided to tell us we had a problem (this was in Spain in late 2014) so we stopped, checked the tyre, checked the sensor, couldn't see a problem and carried on but the unit kept bleeting away so we ignored it until we parked up for the night. we then had another look, but could still see no problem so we thought we'd see what happened the following day. nothing, zilch, nowt - all back to normal and has been that way since. always baffled me has that!!

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
The Following User Says Thank You to fatbuddha For This Useful Post:
Landyman (29-11-2016)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-11-2016, 17:05

Location: Silly Suffolk or on an airfield somewhere in the UK.
My Motorhome: Carthago Chic C-Line I 5.0
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Is the solar system an advantage over the original? Does the original use hard wiring? Wireless?

And might there be a problem with poor light not charging the solar? Does the monitor have to sit on the dash?
Battery in our little monitor lasts for months until it needs recharging.
Went on a one month trip earlier this year and realised after a couple of days that the monitor display was showing low battery and I'd left the charger at home.
The display lasted the whole trip and I plugged in to recharge just before the next trip.

Richard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Landyman For This Useful Post:
jiwawa (30-11-2016)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page