McLouis 432 240 sockets failed - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 2 Post By shingi

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 28-08-2017, 21:36 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Smile McLouis 432 240 sockets failed

Hi, hope someone can help. We have just come back from a great trip but we had no 240 sockets on hook up? we have solar too so it wasnt too bad but any idea where the trip switch is? or possibly any other reason why they would not work? The fridge was working on hook up & i thought the lights etc would work off hook up but they seemed to work and stay on solar. I only had solar fitted last year but didnt think there was a switch over? any ideas greatly received!! Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-08-2017, 17:06

My Motorhome: Hobby 750ELC on Ducato X244
Should be a 230v consumer unit somewhere, perhaps in a cupboard, but certainly somewhere accessible?
1225lennon and 1225lennon like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-08-2017, 17:20

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
The majority of 230v consumer units supply 12v to the battery to keep it charged and your lights would function off that and therefore use your battery as their power source, the battery can be recharged using solar (as you found) or by using the consumer unit + charger (you can usually hear that running as it has a cooling fan built in for when it functions.

Your 230v supply is obviously working as the fridge would run off the supply, the lights would NEVER run off 230v unless you have separate 230v supply lights.

The 230v will also supply power sockets in the MH for such things as hairdryers etc. Most MH TV's use 12 v supply rather than 230v. You can also run a water heater off 230v to save gas.

You have demonstrated how little you need the 230v supply so that opens up a vast number of new possibilities for overnight stps (wild camping in remote places).

Hope that makes things clear, there will NOT be a changeover switch as the supply to the lights remains the same - the 12v battery.

Thinking of; Mavis, Ray, Sandra and Albert at this time.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Last edited by Penquin; 30-08-2017 at 17:23.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-08-2017, 18:59

You should find your 230v fuse box inside your vehicle near to where you plug your mains cable into the side of your vehicle.

Check the area around where the mains enters your vehicle.

Drew

Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend

I would prefer to say that I am British rather than European.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 28-02-2018, 16:09

My Motorhome: I drive a Mclouis Glen 440.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1225lennon View Post
Hi, hope someone can help. We have just come back from a great trip but we had no 240 sockets on hook up? we have solar too so it wasnt too bad but any idea where the trip switch is? or possibly any other reason why they would not work? The fridge was working on hook up & i thought the lights etc would work off hook up but they seemed to work and stay on solar. I only had solar fitted last year but didnt think there was a switch over? any ideas greatly received!! Brian
We have had a Mc Louis Glen 440 for nearly 5 years, and love it. Few problems, all sorted so far. I found the trip switch quite by chance just before Christmas, when we were having a new water pump fitted. It is high up at the back of the cupboard under the sink.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page