Looking for any McLouis owners, are there any out there? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 13:48 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to frenchfancy
Looking for any McLouis owners, are there any out there?

I am looking for any owners with a McLouis motorhome. There don't seem to be many, although i have spotted a few out on the road in France. I am just looking to share ownership comments and general satisfaction or otherwise. Please respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 16:13

Hi,

We have just bought a new 2006, McLouis Tandy 670G Plus with a 146hp Fiat 2.8. We're taking delivery in about two weeks. Although we can't help you at the moment, I'm sure in the future, contact with other McLouis will be very helpful.

McLouis seem to be very popular and well liked here in Spain. There is a forum (in Spanish, but you could use an online translator) AC Pasión. AC stands for autocaravana which is what motorhomes are called here.

If you do a search for McLouis you will only find positive comments.

Regards, Derek & Ann
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 19:27

Hi Derek & Ann / frenchfancy, several of us who use this site have them, if you need to know anything just ask.

Ralph & Dot

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 23:14

Hi French fancy

You are far from alone, we have a 671 Low profile. Very happy with it but after being hit from behind we are awaiting repairs. May have seen you on the A41 recently - if not then there must be anther on the Wirral.

Dave and Sally
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 14-04-2006, 23:36

Hi,

I just picked up a new Tandy 670 today.

Got home having only travelled 50 or so miles and found water in the footwell on the passanger side. Water was not hot, and I can only think it is something to do with the aircon which I did use on the way home.

Ran the engine without aircon switched on and could not see any problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?. I get a pool of water under my car when I stop having used its aircon, but never inside.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 15-04-2006, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk
Hi,

I just picked up a new Tandy 670 today.

Got home having only travelled 50 or so miles and found water in the footwell on the passanger side. Water was not hot, and I can only think it is something to do with the aircon which I did use on the way home.

Ran the engine without aircon switched on and could not see any problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?. I get a pool of water under my car when I stop having used its aircon, but never inside.
I'm quite new to MHing and didn't realise how much dew collects on the roof overnight. If in the morning I drive away with the driver's window open (I've got a LHD) a bit of water pours down from the overhang and through the window and down into the footwell.

Derek
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 15-04-2006, 09:05

Hi,
We've had our 690L since new in 2004. Very pleased with it apart from a couple of niggles. Look out for the chrome exhaust extension in front of the entrance step, it's angled downwards towards the road except ours turned because the retaining screw loosened. The consequences were a melted step cover! The other problem I have had are fading graphics. My van sits mostly facing south and the graphics on the rear and this side have faded really badly compared to the 'north' side. Has anyone else had this problem? Both these and other minor problems have been immediately fixed under warranty from P&P Campers in Gosport which is where I bought it from.
Hope this helps anyone.
Don.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 24-06-2006, 19:16

Hi frenchfancy, my wife and I have just purchased a Tandy 640 Plus. Pleased with it up to now ( after handing a snagging list back to the supplier for 11 faults ). We've got the Fiat 2.8 Diesel engine and it seems to be doing approx 25 MPG. What model did you buy?
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 24-06-2006, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownsean
Hi frenchfancy, my wife and I have just purchased a Tandy 640 Plus. Pleased with it up to now ( after handing a snagging list back to the supplier for 11 faults ). We've got the Fiat 2.8 Diesel engine and it seems to be doing approx 25 MPG. What model did you buy?

Hi. I would interested to know if your 640 has air conditioning, and if you've had any problems with it. I picked a Tandy 670 up in April and it leaked water in the cab when the aircon was on. Also the fuel pump packed up the first time I tried to go anywhere. Passenger door badly fitted and several other more minor problems.

Had to cancel tour of Ireland, never went anywhere except Fiat garage.

In about nine weeks of its life it has spent five in garages being pulled apart whilst they attempt to fix it.

Have rejected and asked for money back, but not having much joy, for some reason they think I have accepted this disaster.

Tom.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 25-10-2006, 09:38

Mclouis 690 Owners Rear Lounge Question

We are looking at a Mcloius 690 with the rear lounge. Does anyone know the dimensions of the rear lounge and the size of the bed when it is made up?

We have seen too many continental vans with a rear lounge that I could not fit my dog in let alone two normal size adults for a comfortable night sleep so am looking for the the bed to be at least 5 feet wide and preferably 6 feet wide (or even better sleeping long-ways).

A picture would be even better - thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page