Looking for any McLouis owners, are there any out there? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 25-10-2006, 14:07

My friends have one, just 12 months old, damp was found at 6 months and now the roof and the back is full of damp!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 25-10-2006, 16:37

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
Tomk. have sent you a pm.

Cabby.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 27-10-2006, 15:34 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to frenchfancy
Hi, Freewheeler, i did already e-mail you the dimensions of the lounge. My hubby and i sleep very comfortably on it lengthways.The dimensions of the bed are the same when made up, 83 long and 58 wide.

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 28-03-2008, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek500
Hi,

We have just bought a new 2006, McLouis Tandy 670G Plus with a 146hp Fiat 2.8. We're taking delivery in about two weeks. Although we can't help you at the moment, I'm sure in the future, contact with other McLouis will be very helpful.

McLouis seem to be very popular and well liked here in Spain. There is a forum (in Spanish, but you could use an online translator) AC Pasión. AC stands for autocaravana which is what motorhomes are called here.

If you do a search for McLouis you will only find positive comments.

Regards, Derek & Ann
Hi
We saw a Tandy 670G plus at Newark the other weekend and were really taken with the layout. Can you comment on quality of fixtures and fittings and build quality? any other thoughts too?
Cheers
Dunk
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 28-03-2008, 22:53

Hi all
We are newish to motorhoming just starting our second year, that after approx 18 years as a tugger. Our first motorhome was a McLouis Glen 690 2004/54. We used it from March until September during school hols etc and clocked up approx 6-7k miles. We part-exed it in Sept for a Euramobil Integra with Brownhills Cannock - sorry to swear. (I would love to know if a member now has it)
As we all know these vans are budget vans and don't have double floors, or heated water jackets etc, but it had everything else and the quality of the fixtures and fittings was good and solid - in my opinion better than than most, and dare I say it, better than some of the big british brands. Anyway, we used it all over France with 2 adults and 1 child, and all over the UK with 2 adults 1 child and a Doberman, and on a weekend in the middle of Sept 2 adults, 4 x 9 year old girls somewhere on the ceiling (party, 2 nights sleepover) and the dog, and I would have to say it coped with everything with ease - which is more than me and the wife did (still on valium)
The van never let us down and when she went she had covered approx 28k. Everything worked, nothing had fallen apart, come loose or fell off. We loved that van and if it wasn't for the wife falling in love with the Euramobil we would still have it, it was a great van.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 29-03-2008, 13:53

Very pleased with my Lagen 410 and have seen quite a few around and had no problems as 2006 model. Funnily enough it was not the type or layout we wanted at all but when we tried it out it just worked so well and it drives nicely with the 2300 engine and as 'garages' seemto cost 10000 pounds I have the same area as a glass fibre trailer and it still manages 27 to the gall.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 21-05-2008, 05:54

hi we bought a mclouis 670g from brownhills beginning of april (the one you looked at ?) it was the lay out that sold it to us too as i like the bikes/moped in the garage swivel front seats makes use of the front when on site and the proper door between bedroom and kitchen is great . had a rapido 860f before and we were always getting in each others way . comparing the 2 the rapido i feel had the edge on furnature quality (thats the 100kg extra) , the shower is seperate in the mclouis and more powerful . driving the mclouis is more car like with a lower centre of gravity and the 146bhp engine .the kitchen has a full oven seperate grill and 4 rings. both had blown air truma heating /water (mcloius has electric heating too ). rapido averaged 24mpg (over 10000 miles) mclouis first outing to the peak district 27mpg .
there are a few around for sale had a look at a x250 cab 670g 2007 at the peterborough show noticed they had changed handles/colour scheme inside also done away with the full oven /grill for a smaller combi unit above the fridge/freezer
would i recommend one ? yes
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 21-05-2008, 07:35

Interesting to read the comments on the McLuis, we had started out looking at them in the used market but every dealer we talked to told us the quality was low and they were budget campers. We ended up buying a 2000 Hymer for 1,000 euro less than the McLuis we wanted. Now I notice that probably half of the units here in Italy are McLuis. Probably because they are made in Italy and less expensive.

If you have questions about touring, living, driving, etc in Italy message me.
www.johnandluisa.blogspot.com
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 21-05-2008, 07:52

Hi all

I own a mclouis glen 432 and yes it it is a budget motorhome but to be honest i dont have any complaints about it, my wife, kids(3) and i have been away about 4 times this year. We are a young family who moved from caravan touring to motorhome as it was always a dream of mine to own one. If i had double the money i had when i bought it there would have been a few other choices, but as i say so far no complaints. The internal fittings are a bit on the cheap side but if it's looked after there should'nt be any problems, It returns about 30mpg.

William
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 19:05

Hi, I picked up my new McLouis Tandy 640 ES 3 weeks ago and have been very pleased. This is our first motorhome and to our suprise, choosing which make and model was quite straightforward. It virtually chose itself!

After sitting down and considering new or used we decide upon new and 3 main criteria which we thought would be simple enough to satisfy.

1. Seatbelts for each of our 3 children in the back (essential as far as we're concerned).
2. Plenty of beds without the need to convert seating etc.
3. Cab air con

After studying several magazines I viewed several models from Swift and Autotrail but neither could satisfy the seatbelt criteria. The maximum rear belted seats seems to be 2 as standard. The only British model we could find with 4 seatbelts in the back was a Swift Sundance/Ace Firenze but neither came with Air Con. (some might say it isn't essential but when you're spending £40k or more I think it is!)

We came across the McLouis by accident when visiting an Autotrail dealer and as soon as we saw the layout and spec we knew it would suit us well. 4 seatbelts in the back, Cab air con standard and we can all sleep comfortably without making up the dinette area into a bed. The overall feel inside was also far more modern and family oriented.

After our 1st trip we also realised that the bonus of having a garage for all our gear and 2 dogs was really essential and should have been high up on our list. Thankfully our Mclouis has one!

We were able to get the latest version with Comfort-Matic and after covering 1k miles since we picked it up all I can say is that it's a pleasure to drive.

Compared to other makes I looked at I wouldn't class our motorhome as a "budget" model, but as I said, I'm new to all this.

All together very happy and no problems so far.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page