Motorhome parking - Whitstable - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 10:23

watch out there is a yellow line and a restriction in front of the new Apartments they have built but only in front of these apartments.

Also dont forget this is Canterbury Council that have given us the best Aires In the country all for £2.50 per night. You can park at Tankerton Slope in the day and then go to the Aires for the night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by locovan
watch out there is a yellow line and a restriction in front of the new Apartments they have built but only in front of these apartments.

Also dont forget this is Canterbury Council that have given us the best Aires In the country all for £2.50 per night. You can park at Tankerton Slope in the day and then go to the Aires for the night.
I really liked lying in bed in the morning, looking out the window, and seeing the sea!

In the summer evenings, it's lovely to have dinner on the sea front - I remember leaving for London at 8pm at night, after having had dinner. That won't be allowed now.

However, I can do this from Marine Parade, just as well as from Marine Crescent, so I'll just move up the road a bit.

I think the long termers were right at the end of Marine Crescent, where there is a big grass bit, and there were a few dodgy looking vans, so I can understand the complaints.

It's a shame we all get tarred with the same brush.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 10:29

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Heather

Well done!

Did you ask for the 'Traffic Order' referred to? If so what was the outcome?

It would be silly if someone had to use the FOI Act to obtain it.

Geoff

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 10:41
ob1

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 630
How many times over the past few years have we been at wonderful spots all over Europe, seen some idiot behavour by motorhome owners, and said to ourselves that the facility would be lost if people carried on like this. Lo and behold on the next visit that is exactly what has happened.

I don't know the answer but I think it pointless to keep blaming local authorities and their residents when it's clearly our own fault.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 10:52

http://www.canterbury.gov.uk/assets/...ion%202011.pdf

"caravan" has the same meaning as in Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960, s 29(1) namely "any structure designed or adapted for human habitation which is capable of being moved from one place to another (whether being towed, or by being transported on a motor vehicle or trailer) and any motor vehicle so designed or adapted, but does not include (a) any railway rolling stock which is for the time on rails forming part of a railway system: or (b) a tent."

TABLE (Article 42) Prohibition of parking of caravans between 6.30pm and midnight and between midnight and 8.30am
MARINE CRESCENT Both For the entire length of the road, excluding the length outside 1a to 21 Marine Crescent and 46 to
60 Marine Crescent.

Those addresses are where Marine Crescent bends away from the sea. So you can park there, but you won't be facing the sea.

I still don't understand how parking signs with no yellow lines or restricted bays are legal, but hey.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherChloe
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovan

I really liked lying in bed in the morning, looking out the window, and seeing the sea!

In the summer evenings, it's lovely to have dinner on the sea front - I remember leaving for London at 8pm at night, after having had dinner. That won't be allowed now.

However, I can do this from Marine Parade, just as well as from Marine Crescent, so I'll just move up the road a bit.

I think the long termers were right at the end of Marine Crescent, where there is a big grass bit, and there were a few dodgy looking vans, so I can understand the complaints.

It's a shame we all get tarred with the same brush.
I understand your love of the sea as thats why I live here in Seasalter
In the New Year I will make a list where you can stay down here by the sea front and PM to you --dont want to many knowing
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 15:46 Thread Starter

Just a quick update.

Sorry, forgot to mention that the signs are only in Marine Crescent so far.

On Marine Parade at the moment there are no specific motorhome restrictions.

Regards.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandywine
Just a quick update.

Sorry, forgot to mention that the signs are only in Marine Crescent so far.

On Marine Parade at the moment there are no specific motorhome restrictions.

Regards.
Yes Motorhomes can be parked in Marine parade but there is restricted parking by the New Apartments they have built as they put one yellow line and a sign on a lampost as they dont want any parking of any vehicle in front of the New Apartments. We wondered when this might spread as there are rumors of Parking Meters being added

Infact there has been a lot of meetings about parking in Tankerton as they wanted to sell the big Car Park and that is what has sparked the meetings.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-12-2011, 16:45

Mind you.... it's just a sign. The remedy for breach is to get a ticket. It's not the end of the world.

I came back to Covent Garden the other day to find a massive minibus parked in the 24/7 residents bay.

When I asked him whether he might move so that I could park, he declined.

When I explained it was a 24/7 residents bay his answer was: I don't see any cameras to catch me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page