Leisure Battery - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 15:22 Thread Starter

Leisure Battery

I have my Burstner Aviano motorhome on Fiat 3l base parked up indoors for the winter. I had a new 110 battery fitted just before parking up. Initially I was able to keep connected to EHU and all was well. Now I do not have access to EHU and I find that the battery warning light flashes after only about 5 days of the MH sitting with nothing on except the light on front of radio panel.

When connecting the new battery the technician was able to show me that there is a constant trickle of power. Because of this I have to check on MH and bring out of storage to connect to EHU at least once per week.

I will be calling to my dealer again soon to discuss as I am concerned that the battery may get damaged if I cannot charge up in time.
Any ideas on what is the cause of the constant trickle?? How can I stop it? Should I take out the fuze at the battery? I am also concerend that wildparking will not be for more than a day or two at the most at this rate of rundown?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 16:20

This could be a number of things. Defiantly the radio will be draining the battery, could be many other items, needs to be tested. Also is the main panel turned off ? That again will take some current.

Phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page