travel insurance abroad with pre existing medical conditions - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 24-02-2009, 13:02 Thread Starter

travel insurance abroad with pre existing medical conditions

hi, we recently travelled to australia via singapore and back via thailand a total of 75 days, before we went i looked for insurance which included cover for pre existing medical conditions (including angina), all the companies quotes seemed to almost double when you entered the conditions but i found a company www.karmainsurance.com/ that the premium only went up about £45. luckily we didn't need to claim for anything so i cant say how good they are when you do but they are an ethical company and on the basis that i used them i can recommend them. i have had a letter from them offering a discount for friends and family of 10% if you quote a code 8365 9261, don't know if this will work or not. just to confirm i have no affiliation or relationship to this company i just found them so much cheaper than the rest, cheers, derek bridson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delboy57 For This Useful Post:
Nethernut (29-11-2019), patp (29-11-2019), powerplus (29-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 24-02-2009, 13:41

My Motorhome: Hobby Siesta HGE
Well done Derek- I think there's a few of us on here who would be interested in that.
(and you've got your first "thanks on the button" )

Im Hotel bin ich Gast; im Wohnmobil darheim
Chez soi-C´est ou on se stationne!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 24-02-2009, 15:52

My Motorhome: Burstner delfin performance t821
Thanks for that one Derek will give it a try.

Steve

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 26-02-2009, 23:10

Just tried them

70+, 90 days, Europe, couple = just over £1200 - they must be either joking or they are run by Gordon Brown.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 17:51

pre existing conditions - insurance

hi - last year we took out an annual insurance with these people...as found on Martin Lewis website...
#................................................. .......

Get cheaper limited cover with EHICplus.

www.ehicplus.com

Alongside getting an EHIC card get a quote from insurer the Medical Screening Company’s* special EHICplus annual travel insurance. It’ll cover any costs you incur for treatment when using the EHIC card in a state-run hospital, plus private ambulances and medication costs.

Thus, should the worst happen, you must insist you're taken to a state hospital not a private clinic. The rest of its cover is on a par with similar policies, with baggage, cancellation, curtailment and repatriation cover offered as standard.

It’s often the cheapest route, as it has a higher tolerance of pre-existing conditions than many other insurers, though of course the cover is more limited."............................

I don't know how it is for long term travelling, it does say up to 4 months on the web site, and as we are still working ,its weeks at a time rather than months that we need. The initial quote they gave us was great - and even going through their screening (heart attack and asthma) the price didn't go up. It might help someone......
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 18:08

I used Tesco last time for medical condition travel insurance quite competitive.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 20:42

Re: travel insurance abroad with pre existing medical condit

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy57
hi, we recently travelled to australia via singapore and back via thailand a total of 75 days, before we went i looked for insurance which included cover for pre existing medical conditions (including angina), all the companies quotes seemed to almost double when you entered the conditions but i found a company www.karmainsurance.com/ that the premium only went up about £45. luckily we didn't need to claim for anything so i cant say how good they are when you do but they are an ethical company and on the basis that i used them i can recommend them. i have had a letter from them offering a discount for friends and family of 10% if you quote a code 8365 9261, don't know if this will work or not. just to confirm i have no affiliation or relationship to this company i just found them so much cheaper than the rest, cheers, derek bridson
Hi Derek
I just tried that web site unfortunately they declined saying unable to cover, I have a heart condition but they wont cover don't blame them it's a serious issue. Never mind but thanks for the link, shall stay with EHIC+.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 22:35

The collective members of our esteemed insurance industry all bolt for the hills when I get on the blower.

The last time I went to the Royal London for a consultation, they wheeled my files in on a trolley.

Mike
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 28-11-2019, 23:39

I have a question please
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 28-11-2019, 23:39

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page