Motorhome Valeting/Detailing - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 15:36 Thread Starter

Motorhome Valeting/Detailing

I have been considering setting up a car valeting business, which then got me thinking. Does anyone specialize in valeting motorhomes? I suppose quite a few people would rather pay to have their MH cleaned and detailed if they know it would be done well (especially the roof).

I am interested in getting some feedback from members to see if it is worth me looking into it.

So what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 15:41

Re: Motorhome Valeting/Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezport
I have been considering setting up a car valeting business, which then got me thinking. Does anyone specialize in valeting motorhomes? I suppose quite a few people would rather pay to have their MH cleaned and detailed if they know it would be done well (especially the roof).
I am interested in getting some feedback from members to see if it is worth me looking into it.
So what do you think?
Very time consuming if you want to do it properly, we have three valeters so we should know.

Other problem is the geographical location of the vehicles, widespread and very few compared to car and vans.

Limited market in my view.

Peter
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 15:47

Excellent idea.. I`l be your first customer, plus car to do as well

pm me

Graham
gdleeds

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 15:47
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
One step up from a car wash......external wash and polish to a high standard......should do OK?

The only doubt I have is the distance between MHs and the even greater distance between the small minority that would pay for such a service.

Presumably it would be a mobile service?

Good Luck

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 15:52 Thread Starter

Re: Motorhome Valeting/Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsCrossMotorHomes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezport
So what do you think?
Very time consuming if you want to do it properly, we have three valeters so we should know.

Other problem is the geographical location of the vehicles, widespread and very few compared to car and vans.

Limited market in my view.

Peter
Thanks Peter,

I had considered all the things you have pointed out. I would also be doing cars, but if there is sufficient interest from MH owners I would like to look into the possibilities of offering a good quality service to them.

As an owner I know what should and should not be done to a MH, which many regular valeters would not know.

Obviosly I cannot offer a nationwide service, unless I can get a few vans that need valeting in close proximity of each other.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 15:54 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB
One step up from a car wash......external wash and polish to a high standard......should do OK?

The only doubt I have is the distance between MHs and the even greater distance between the small minority that would pay for such a service.

Presumably it would be a mobile service?

Good Luck
Yes it would be mobile. Have motorhome and can travel
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 16:28 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdleeds
Excellent idea.. I`l be your first customer, plus car to do as well

pm me

Graham
gdleeds
Thanks Graham.

PM Sent
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 16:28

It would be great to pay someone who enjoyed clambering about on the roof of our MH. My husband doesn't mind doing the sides and lower areas but he is not so keen on the roof, and you won't catch me up there for all the tea in China!!

Unfortunately I have a good view of the roof of ours from the upper stories of the house so am well aware how well it has (or has not) been cleaned! Devon's not far from Leeds though - you could nip over this afternoon and do it for us could you?

I think it is a fabulous idea, although I think the logistics of covering such a disperate customer base may make it difficult for you. Good luck, and please let me know if you do start up such a business.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 16:30

My Motorhome: Autocruise Rhythm
I would use you!

Motorhome and car if the price was right!

Ian (Guiseley)
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 14-02-2009, 16:31

My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
You could set up a rally Jezport, Motorhome Wash Rally or come to all the rallies we have listed with your gear, I am sure you would get at least a few requiring your services me included I hate washing the thing

Jacquie

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page