New Fiat Ducato Keys. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 23:37 Thread Starter

New Fiat Ducato Keys.

Just finding our way around our new Autotrail Cheyenne 740S. During the handover we were supplied with ONE remote key and one basic key.

We had a Cobra Alarm fitted, which was connected straight into and worked by the remote key. Alarm fobs were requested, due to the fact the second key was only a basic key, but were informed this was not possible.

We are told by Fiat UK, that if we purchased the base vehicle from a registered Fiat dealer we would have been entitled to TWO remote keys and one basic key and a Code Card. They do not recognise Motorhome dealers so we will have to purchase one.

We are now faced with having to purchase a duplicate key for 67, a code card for 11, and to top it all we have to pay an extra 65 for programming the key to the vehicle - all plus V.A.T!! 160.

May be worth bearing in mind to insist on two remote keys before parting with final payment. Wish we had been aware of this!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 01:00

Fiat Keys

Hi Happyrunner! How are you?

We are the owners of a Fiat X2/50 based MH. When we exchanged, we received ONE remote key that centrally operates all three doors, ONE ordinary key that manually operates each lock separately and ONE CODE CARD!

If my memory serves me right, the ins and outs of key supply has been mentioned on this site before. Maybe it would be worth a search?

Others have complained that code cards have been with-held. Some folk were told that the code card was for the dealer to keep!

Some people were given the card without any issue.

I'd like to hear what your DEALER has to say about the apparent lack of provision. Personally, I can live with having one remote, one plain key and 160 in my pocket. Crikey, that's three weeks' holiday in France!

Incidentally, there are times when the use of the remote is inappropriate, namely, when you are locked up for the night and have a silver screen in place. Surely, you only need the habitation door to lock/unlock?

As well as the vehicle keys, we also have the two remotes for our Strikeback alarm.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:53

We have one basic and one remote key and a COBRA alarm. It is possible to disarm the COBRA without the remote key but COBRA used several systems so telling you how might not help.
COBRA UK were very helpful but the fitter was rather off-hand and it took a lot of effort to get the right model to COBRA UK then all was quite easy. The fact that the instruction book was for a different model hardly helped!

I hope that this helps.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:56

Same as Uncle Norm, same setup, same sentiments exactly.

I think you have been poorly advised 'Runner. I don't know of anyone who received two remotes, and it's getting rarer with cars as well these days.

Fiat/Peugeot etc. certainly supply one remote and one manual, but as Norm says - no problem at all, and a positive advantage at times from the security angle. (You don't inadvertently go to bed with the cab doors unlocked if you always use the manual for the hab door - been there .)

Cheers
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:10

We have a new peugeot which, I would think, is the same as the fiat.

This came with one remote and one fixed key.

However the Cobra alarm came with 2 remotes, so we now have 2 remotes that operate the locks and alarm, and one remote that just operates the locks (Usefull if for any reason you don't want to set the alarm)

As someone said this subject has been covered before, in fact I think I posted something similar on it.

Jeff O
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 20:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee

I think you have been poorly advised 'Runner. I don't know of anyone who received two remotes, and it's getting rarer with cars as well these days.
[/i]

Cheers
You should get a MH based on the Renault master. My new van had two remote/keys supplied.

Also it doesn't judder in revers, leak water all over the engine nor does it skip sideways every time a small bump has to be driven over.

It may be older but its still better in all respects bar the width.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee

[/i]

Cheers
You should get a MH based on the Renault master. My new van had two remote/keys supplied.

Also it doesn't judder in revers, leak water all over the engine nor does it skip sideways every time a small bump has to be driven over.

It may be older but its still better in all respects bar the width.

Have to agree with oldun.
We got 2 remote keys with our 2004 Renault master.
We would go for Renault for our next MH.
We had a Ford and Fiat before this but Renault wins hands down.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 21:18

To be honest, its all a bit hit or miss with these remote fobs.

Some MH's will arrive with two remote fobs, two ignition keys and two habitation keys, others will turn up with same but one remote fob will be 'knackered' with buttons missing.

Others will turn up with only one remote, one ignition and two habitation.

The only consolation is that the ignition key will operate the central locking etc.

I have complained and waiting for response, it really is not good enough in my view.

Regards

Peter
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 21:26

My Motorhome: Swift Rio 320
Quote from Oldun--Also it doesn't judder in revers, leak water all over the engine nor does it skip sideways every time a small bump has to be driven over.

My X250 does not judder and I have not heard of a Ducato skipping sideways due to bumps, or maybe I am lucky.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 22:47

My X250 doesn't judder, leak, skip, rattle or roll, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Shaun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page