Stolen Motorhome - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2004, 20:43 Thread Starter

Stolen Motorhome

A well-known freelance travel writer is appealing to the public for help after her beloved camper van, known as 'Rika', was stolen from The Close in Salisbury, some time between Friday night and Saturday morning of October 29/30. It is described as a white Island Plastics Honda Romahome, registration number E898 GDL, with 'Rika' on the top back of the van.

Mary Tisdall, a widow aged 82, spends more than six months each year travelling in her motorhome researching for travel articles, which are particularly aimed at encouraging older people to get out and about, both here and abroad. The camper van has accompanied Mary to Turkey, the Canary Islands, Europe and the British Isles and last year the two travelled to Southern Denmark. This year they went up to Cape Wrath in Scotland and also spent some time in campsites between the source of the river Thames in the Cotswolds and the Thames Barrier, while researching an article about the famous river.

Mary is offering a reward of a week's free accommodation for two people in her apartment in Los Cristianos, Tenerife, in return for information leading to the recovery of her beloved Rika Romahome and the arrest and conviction of the offender. She said:

'I have lived in The Close by the Cathedral for more than 20 years and to my knowledge, this is the first theft of a vehicle here in all this time. I fail to understand why a 16 year-old camper van was targeted in the first place.This particular motor home, known as Rika, has immense sentimental value to me and also to a lot of members of the public who have followed her travels both home and abroad. I would so much appreciate anyone who may know who has stolen her to please contact Salisbury Police on 01722 411444'.

Information can also be left anonymously with Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

For those who read the MMM Mary's travel story's are well known. I've know Mary for a number of years and we last saw her in Tenerife in 2000.

Some of the older generation might remember her husband Archie who died few years ago while on a trip to Norway.

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2004, 20:59

Don thats a very sad tale. Will keep an eye out in the car park of local beach where I work.

Motorhomer
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2004, 21:08

Eyes peeled here as well!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2004, 22:34

Thats very sad, I enjoy Mary's travel articles. Will keep a look out in our area.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2004, 23:23

Poor lady. Hope she gets it back, and the individuals responsible get their come- uppance.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-11-2004, 23:51

Stolen Motorhome

Will keep a eye out here on the west coast of Ireland. Know what its like had Caravan stolen many years ago. Took 2 years to get it back. Hope Mary will have many more trip in her beloved camper van.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 16-11-2004, 01:14

Not a common M/Home, so should stand out in a crowd - we'll keep our eyes open for that one.

Like many, I have enjoyed Mary Tisdall's exploits in MMM.

Rob

Experience comes from what we have done. Wisdom comes from what we have done badly!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 16-11-2004, 02:39

Full lights flashing here too as i cover most of Ireland including the ferryports.
Have entered the Registration onto the national stolen list as well.

Hopefully Mary will have it returned A.S.A.P.

brez
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 16-11-2004, 08:21

How very sad for Mary, who, along with Archie, has given us many years of pleasure from her travel writings. We sincerely hope that the vehicle's returned soon.

Barry

Barry

Don´t use a big word when a diminutive abbreviation will adequately suffice.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 16-11-2004, 20:27

Very sad. Posted this to put it back in front of everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page