The Tour so far - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 10:08 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,197 Times in 1,043 Posts
Personal Aire
The Tour so far

Well its not really a tour yet. Just four weeks so far up on Flamborough head but the plan for the rest of the summer is Isle of Arran next for the summer holidays into September then down to the Lake District for the back end. Weather of course has been mixed but its glorious now and may even be considered hot tomorrow so a ride up to Scarbados is planned which will of course be rammed. Not been able to get the Kayak out due to a shoulder injury but managed a few painful trips out on the push bike and of course lots of scootering.

The old bus after its repairs seems as good as ever and touch wood everything is working as it should. We were of course going to sell it but in the absence of finding something suitable to replace it with and so much uncertainty and pretty much a shitty year for all we just decided to use it instead and worry about all that later.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 10:17

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Enjoy Barry.

Although the picture with the sun loungers looked a bit iffy.
I thought youd taken your blow up doll with you
But no I think its just the seat cover I think.

Terry
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 10:26

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,105 Times in 1,042 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Won't Arran be besieged with midges?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 10:27 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghr272 View Post
Enjoy Barry.

Terry
LOL! I only just realised there is a person on the seat behind the bike.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 10:30 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudsey_Bear View Post
Won't Arran be besieged with midges?
Nah. It never is usually when we have been. Sometimes you get the odd day where they can be a pest but we tend to wild camp around the coast and there is always a breeze and most of the places we stop are not ideal breeding grounds for them. I always watch the Midge forecast and its generally Fort William or further up the west coast that gets plagued.

https://www.smidgeup.com/midge-forecast/

Now Ive said that it will be midge hell all summer. One thing Ive not missed about southern Europe though is the mozzies!
patp and Pudsey_Bear like this.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 12:34

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghr272 View Post
Enjoy Barry.

Terry
I guessed Terry was referring to the LH one which seems to have a limp leg draped over it - but could be a cushion.

The RH one definitely has a shapely leg, so it must be you behind the camera!

Glad you are out and about and having a good time.

Is there a way down to that beach below - other than throwing M. off and seeing if your aim reaches the sea?

I am still mentally in Patmos, although Basia is concentrating on a week in Turkey with her Sister from 25th. She is going with a Dr. friend, which is just as well as Sister has given Basia a huge shopping list, including a dress we had to buy in Patmos, plus there are multiple jars of fruit and pickles to be carried, so they will need their joint 40kgs hold baggage allowance.

I hope your clients are not bothering you by threatening to throw multiple quantities of Guineas at you in return for[B] WORK

Continue to enjoy your (un)deserved holiday and I hope Hank behaves himself.

Cheers, Geoff and Basia
patp and raynipper like this.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 12:45 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
I guessed Terry was referring to the LH one which seems to have a limp leg draped over it - but could be a cushion.

The RH one definitely has a shapely leg, so it must be you behind the camera!

Glad you are out and about and having a good time.

Is there a way down to that beach below - other than throwing M. off and seeing if your aim reaches the sea?

I am still mentally in Patmos, although Basia is concentrating on a week in Turkey with her Sister from 25th. She is going with a Dr. friend, which is just as well as Sister has given Basia a huge shopping list, including a dress we had to buy in Patmos, plus there are multiple jars of fruit and pickles to be carried, so they will need their joint 40kgs hold baggage allowance.

I hope your clients are not bothering you by threatening to throw multiple quantities of Guineas at you in return for[B] WORK

Continue to enjoy your (un)deserved holiday and I hope Hank behaves himself.

Cheers, Geoff and Basia
Cheers Captain. Yes there are paths or steps down to all the beaches around the head and some absolutely fabulous cliff top walks. Not so much for me these days with my knees but I can just about manage to cycle round some of the coast and of course the scooter gets to all sorts of places.

The only regret so far has been not being able to use the Kayak. Partly down to the right weather and tide times (needs to be in for me to launch at Bridlington) but I also knackered my shoulder putting together a Cadac that Roger the Prof gifted me!

Work? Very semi retired this time of year but yes everyone wanted something as always before we left and for the first week or two we were here. I dont mind, it pays for the entire summer travelling.
patp likes this.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 12:48 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
EDIT: I see what you mean about the left hand seat. We bought those Chairs in France a few years back when our old crappy ones just fell to bits. They are super comfy as they have detachable cushions which you dont generally see here but a bit of a PIA to store them.
patp likes this.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 17:07

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
EDIT: I see what you mean about the left hand seat. We bought those Chairs in France a few years back when our old crappy ones just fell to bits. They are super comfy as they have detachable cushions which you dont generally see here but a bit of a PIA to store them.
We have 'deck chairs' as on a liner, plus hardwood table to match.

Very easily stored in a garage
patp likes this.

Last edited by nicholsong; 16-07-2021 at 17:10.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 17:19

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,105 Times in 1,042 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Tres posh.
patp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page