Motorhome Facts Forum banner

New vehicle registration delay.

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Lawrence22 
#1 ·
Hi I have purchased a new motorhome a week ago. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to get this vehicle registered due to delays at DVLA. I have today read elsewhere of some people being told to wait 6 weeks. Has anyone else bought one recently and share their experience? If I don't get it for 6 weeks it will be very tight for a booking I have from 18th July.

#3 ·
No ferry involved, just a trip to Donegal but I wouldn't have booked it if I'd thought there could be a delay that long. The dealer has already had me pick a registration number so maybe I ma fretting over nothing. I can cancel the booking for different levels of refund at different rates depending on how late I leave it.

#4 ·
Yes, we've just been down this road ourselves.

Our new motorhome was already delayed by supply difficulties and when it arrived the dealer informed us that the DVLA were taking up to 3 weeks to register new vehicles. The dealer did their best to get the DVLA to move more quickly but, the DVLA is the DVLA, it takes as long as it takes.

In the end the V5C arrived 2 1/2 weeks after the vehicle was delivered to the dealer, unfortunately, they'd got the wrong house number on it and we had to go on-line and notify them of the error, that V5C came through in about 4 days so it seems initial registrations are taking the time, all other business seems to be happening in normal time.

Hopefully yours will be done in less than three weeks.

#8 ·
Yes, we've just been down this road ourselves.

Our new motorhome was already delayed by supply difficulties and when it arrived the dealer informed us that the DVLA were taking up to 3 weeks to register new vehicles. The dealer did their best to get the DVLA to move more quickly but, the DVLA is the DVLA, it takes as long as it takes.

In the end the V5C arrived 2 1/2 weeks after the vehicle was delivered to the dealer, unfortunately, they'd got the wrong house number on it and we had to go on-line and notify them of the error, that V5C came through in about 4 days so it seems initial registrations are taking the time, all other business seems to be happening in normal time.

Hopefully yours will be done in less than three weeks.
Thanks for this 3 weeks will be fine, 4 even but beyond that and I'll start to feel I am missing out. Here's hoping.

#6 ·
Sure tis lovely to be sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.