User Tag List

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 30-04-2021, 13:59 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Keep working on that big trip. It will happen eventually. Couldnīt get that video to work above by the way.

Itīs great you have all those memories.
I donīt know why, but I had that one on private, itīs alright now.
Iīve just fetched the van from Gordon, new oil filter & oil, the AC has been overhauled and 1/2 ltr of cooling water added plus the MOT & Gas check, all together 565.45€. with the house central heating been sorted as well thats 1,500€ less I have in the bank this week than last.
I thought I might get some ideas from this new German forum, but Iīve really joined the wrong one as they all have these bus sized motorhomes, some live in them permanently, but they are enthusiasts and mostly talking about stuff I have no idea about and donīt need to know.

patp and barryd like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 30-04-2021, 16:10

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,168 Times in 1,014 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
I donīt know why, but I had that one on private, itīs alright now.
Iīve just fetched the van from Gordon, new oil filter & oil, the AC has been overhauled and 1/2 ltr of cooling water added plus the MOT & Gas check, all together 565.45€. with the house central heating been sorted as well thats 1,500€ less I have in the bank this week than last.
I thought I might get some ideas from this new German forum, but Iīve really joined the wrong one as they all have these bus sized motorhomes, some live in them permanently, but they are enthusiasts and mostly talking about stuff I have no idea about and donīt need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HnFSp2NB0A
Nice video. Looks a lovely place. I know what you mean about spending. Seem to have shelled out a lot myself lately although a fair chunk went on the bike and the motorhome still isnt sorted yet.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 30-04-2021, 16:20 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Nice video. Looks a lovely place. I know what you mean about spending. Seem to have shelled out a lot myself lately although a fair chunk went on the bike and the motorhome still isnt sorted yet.
If I did the video again I would cut a few bits out, but at the time I didnīt know how to do that. I have lots of videos that are rather boring to me as well as other people because I didnīt know how to edit them, I am getting to be a bit better editor now I think.
barryd likes this.

I'm Jan

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 30-04-2021, 17:44

My Motorhome: Neismann & Bischoff Arto 66F
Personal Aire
Jan

having gone through the loss of Viv (which is now over 7 years), I tried going back on my own to places we'd been to, but it just wasn't the same, and I shouldn't have done. When I was with Sue we went to lots of new places, which was good, but she wasn't the right person to do it with!! So doing it solo again, I've had a couple of short trips out in the last couple of weeks, and aim to get to France and just wander when we're allowed to. I'm adjusted to being solo now, at least motorhome-wise. I find that people on sites talk to people on their own more than couples, or maybe it's because I'm more chatty now out & about! I have a lovely lady friend locally who wants no complications, and quite frankly neither do I after the experience with Sue! You've just got to let it happen....
patp, barryd and raynipper like this.

As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Felpham.

I don't feed trolls!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 30-04-2021, 18:34 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bognormike View Post
Jan

having gone through the loss of Viv (which is now over 7 years), I tried going back on my own to places we'd been to, but it just wasn't the same, and I shouldn't have done. When I was with Sue we went to lots of new places, which was good, but she wasn't the right person to do it with!! So doing it solo again, I've had a couple of short trips out in the last couple of weeks, and aim to get to France and just wander when we're allowed to. I'm adjusted to being solo now, at least motorhome-wise. I find that people on sites talk to people on their own more than couples, or maybe it's because I'm more chatty now out & about! I have a lovely lady friend locally who wants no complications, and quite frankly neither do I after the experience with Sue! You've just got to let it happen....
Thanks for your thoughts Mike.
For me it will be no different than being at home, without him being physically here, I still talk to him, I still feel him here.
I spoke with an old lady in the village today and itīs obviously got around that I donīt even know where in the cemetary the urn with his ashes in is buried and I said to her, " he is not there heīs at home with me" he had only been to that graveyard twice to funerals and when we discussed the time when one of us was no longer here it was made clear to him and to me no funeral, not to do what other people do, visiting graves, unfortunately it is not allowed to have ashes scattered in this country otherwise they would have been fertiliser for the field behind me.
Our/My way of course is not everyones choice , the day of the cremation I had people around me that cared, not the whole village who didnīt know him, but itīs the done thing to go to village funerals.
When I was with Heike for 3 months after he died I was in many places where we had been on holiday, last year I stayed in a place where we had been together. Wherever I go with the Navajo he will still be there, every alteration he has made reminds me of the time he made it. I keep telling him if it wasn't for the bloody virus I might have made a new friend and the perhaps he wouldn't be in my way all the time
You can bet wherever I go in this country we will have either stayed or passed through, we travelled to many places here between 1980 and 2005, at least 6 weeks a year 3 in spring and 3 in autumn, since being here Poland and Czechia were our main destinations.
So next year if allowed I will be taking him to France where he never had the urge to go and if I enjoy it as much as everyone else on this forum does I wonīt `alf be telling him off.
bognormike, patp, barryd and 1 others like this.

I'm Jan
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 07:40

We have a couple of friends or acquaintances around us who have no desire to enter into another relationship once their partner dies. They may have a friend the same who wants the "no complications" side of a relationship. It seems to work well. It must be very difficult to get used to living with someone who has their own way of doing things and make it work. There is one exception to that and he is the farmer next door. He is in his forties/early fifties and has been married three times with numerous live in relationships in between. Four children all live with various mothers. He is a lovely guy but we groan whenever he moves another partner in because they never really last. He is a workaholic and not many can cope with his ways. The latest lady is Polish and very nice. She does have a similar work ethic to him so who knows?
bognormike and raynipper like this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 09:26

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
We often discuss what we might do if and when one of us pops off.
My wife says she would have to get someone in within the hour to manage the paperwork and technical things or be on the next boat back to UK.
Me I would just employ a gardener and eat my way through the freezer.

Ray.
JanHank likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of Ģ750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 10:43

Other way round, here, Ray
raynipper likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2021, 18:43 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Today I have discovered how to retrieve my Youtube videos and edit them
I have done one its now 19 mins instead of 30 something. Unfortunately I canīt make them as clear as todays videos are.

I'm Jan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page