Fridge parts or replacement fridge needed - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 09:51 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,165 Times in 1,011 Posts
Personal Aire
Fridge parts or replacement fridge needed

My ageing Kontiki 640 fridge in Hank the Tank is in need of some new bits or possibly a replacement fridge. As you might know im in a race to get the van sorted and back on the road for maybe a quick trip and then selling it. The Fridge is proving to be a problem though.

The current fridge is the original from 1996 and its an Electrolux RM4368.

The burner / jet in it is the incorrect one and it does not combust properly which led to problems last year when we used it and it smelt and set the Co2 alarm off. Its also prone to getting rust and bits on it and not lighting.

The bit we need is Product number 9212271.02 but my motorhome repairer cannot find it anywhere.

If we cant get the bits then I might need a replacement fridge from a breakers but we are both having trouble locating one of them. Dimensions are

31.5" height
19" wide

or 800mm height
482.6mm width

Any ideas where we might get the bits needed or a replacement fridge? I really dont want a new Fridge as I am probably selling the van and they are well north of £1000.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 10:14

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Wouldn't this fit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312846860...sAAOSwWNNdzmyT

with a bit of a surround to fill the hole and a bit below it?

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 10:18

My Motorhome: Currently bereft of a MoHo.
Thanked 1,011 Times in 950 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 10:41

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Anything on here tha will fit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RefrigeratorReplacement.pdf (77.8 KB, 6 views)
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 12:03 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Kev that link doesnt seem to work. Alan they are way too small I think and I Cant find our fridge on that chart

I found a breaker just up the road that says I wont get a jet or burner for it at least not new. He has an RM 4271 from a 1998 caravan / motorhome which he reckons will be the same dimensions. £225 and its tested and working. Trouble is I bet you cant get the bits for that either but it might be the only choice.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 12:17

Always with the negativity.

Spares or the lack thereof won't effect you and it doesn't leave a buyer worse off than they would end up being if your old fridge still worked. Just make sure the breaker gives you a warranty for long enough for you to establish that the one he's selling really does work.
barryd likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 12:36 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Always with the negativity.

Spares or the lack thereof won't effect you and it doesn't leave a buyer worse off than they would end up being if your old fridge still worked. Just make sure the breaker gives you a warranty for long enough for you to establish that the one he's selling really does work.
I wonder if he would fit it or allow my guy to fit it on site. Dont confuse negativity with foreseeing potential problems. Michelle is on about keeping the bloody van now until next year. I think very much it will be going though!

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 12:38 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Of course there is always the option of selling the van as it is and if its possible disconnecting the gas and advertising it as only working on EHU and 12v when in motion. I suspect that might knock off more of the value than a second hand fridge would cost.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 13:13

My Motorhome: Currently bereft of a MoHo.
Thanked 1,011 Times in 950 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I'm sure a call to them will get you somewhere Barry, the burners are so very similar, the gas pipes are made to order as well rather than on spec so I would be tempted to try one.

You don't say if you need the complete assembly or just the jet, the jets are simply a dished stainless steel washer with a tiny hole in it, and should be fine once taken out and blown through, the burners suffer from rust but should clean up easily enough done a few over the years as they get covered in rust from the tin chimneys, so you may be able to give it DIY job.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-04-2021, 13:43

Does he have the original burner?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page