Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Motorhome ChitChat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/20-motorhome-chitchat/)
-   -   Fridge parts or replacement fridge needed (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/20-motorhome-chitchat/241359-fridge-parts-replacement-fridge-needed.html)

barryd 22-04-2021 09:51

Fridge parts or replacement fridge needed

My ageing Kontiki 640 fridge in Hank the Tank is in need of some new bits or possibly a replacement fridge. As you might know im in a race to get the van sorted and back on the road for maybe a quick trip and then selling it. The Fridge is proving to be a problem though.

The current fridge is the original from 1996 and its an Electrolux RM4368.

The burner / jet in it is the incorrect one and it does not combust properly which led to problems last year when we used it and it smelt and set the Co2 alarm off. Its also prone to getting rust and bits on it and not lighting.

The bit we need is Product number 9212271.02 but my motorhome repairer cannot find it anywhere.

If we cant get the bits then I might need a replacement fridge from a breakers but we are both having trouble locating one of them. Dimensions are

31.5" height
19" wide

or 800mm height
482.6mm width

Any ideas where we might get the bits needed or a replacement fridge? I really dont want a new Fridge as I am probably selling the van and they are well north of 1000.

erneboy 22-04-2021 10:14

Wouldn't this fit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312846860...sAAOSwWNNdzmyT

with a bit of a surround to fill the hole and a bit below it?

Pudsey_Bear 22-04-2021 10:18

bilbaoman 22-04-2021 10:41

1 Attachment(s)
Anything on here tha will fit

barryd 22-04-2021 12:03

Kev that link doesnt seem to work. Alan they are way too small I think and I Cant find our fridge on that chart

I found a breaker just up the road that says I wont get a jet or burner for it at least not new. He has an RM 4271 from a 1998 caravan / motorhome which he reckons will be the same dimensions. 225 and its tested and working. Trouble is I bet you cant get the bits for that either but it might be the only choice.

erneboy 22-04-2021 12:17

Always with the negativity.

Spares or the lack thereof won't effect you and it doesn't leave a buyer worse off than they would end up being if your old fridge still worked. Just make sure the breaker gives you a warranty for long enough for you to establish that the one he's selling really does work.

barryd 22-04-2021 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneboy (Post 3154407)
Always with the negativity.

Spares or the lack thereof won't effect you and it doesn't leave a buyer worse off than they would end up being if your old fridge still worked. Just make sure the breaker gives you a warranty for long enough for you to establish that the one he's selling really does work.

I wonder if he would fit it or allow my guy to fit it on site. Dont confuse negativity with foreseeing potential problems. Michelle is on about keeping the bloody van now until next year. I think very much it will be going though!

barryd 22-04-2021 12:38

Of course there is always the option of selling the van as it is and if its possible disconnecting the gas and advertising it as only working on EHU and 12v when in motion. I suspect that might knock off more of the value than a second hand fridge would cost.

Pudsey_Bear 22-04-2021 13:13

I'm sure a call to them will get you somewhere Barry, the burners are so very similar, the gas pipes are made to order as well rather than on spec so I would be tempted to try one.

You don't say if you need the complete assembly or just the jet, the jets are simply a dished stainless steel washer with a tiny hole in it, and should be fine once taken out and blown through, the burners suffer from rust but should clean up easily enough done a few over the years as they get covered in rust from the tin chimneys, so you may be able to give it DIY job.

erneboy 22-04-2021 13:43

Does he have the original burner?