Fridge parts or replacement fridge needed - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 23-04-2021, 07:36

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
You can check the flue with a camera without doing much.

No, not taking the ****. I have the one I linked to and have used it many times in finding water leaks, blockages in the van and broken/damaged/rusted bits in cars.

I recommend one very highly.
barryd likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 23-04-2021, 07:38

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,026 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Who? Do you mean O'leary in Hull? I think Mark my motorhome bloke called them and they did not have a replacement fridge.

No i mean o,Brian's.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 23-04-2021, 07:54
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
I regularly read about an outfit called O'Leary/O'Learies which seem to sell a huge variety of spares for most thongs MH/Caravan.

It might be worth researching them to see if they have your replacement item Barry.

Could be this lot...

https://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/

Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 23-04-2021, 08:20

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
The chimney is probably blocked by French spiders complaining about their living conditions in the UK after Brexit
Penquin, barryd and raynipper like this.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 23-04-2021, 09:29

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
More likely greenies/shield bugs/stink bugs just finding a comfortable overwintering home......

Such invasions SHOULD be prevented by the gauze at the top, if itís still there... and intact....

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 23-04-2021, 15:08 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,172 Times in 1,018 Posts
Personal Aire
I think we have located the burner and jet now but its a question of whether the Flue is knackered or not also. So the fridge will have to come out and be properly bench tested and the flue examined. No point in putting a new burner and jet in if the Flue is blocked, too badly corroded or even if its got holes in it apparently. So the first task is to get it to my motorhome bloke next week and get him to take the fridge out.

I do wonder if just replacing the fridge might be less hassle. I doubt my guy will have one of those cameras Alan.

Someone on the OAL forum posted this excellent video. Even looks like my fridge.

So its just a question of seeing what state the flue is in and if it can be cleaned putting the right burner and jet in.
erneboy and Pudsey_Bear like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 23-04-2021, 16:07

I am sticking to the same advice , get rid of it and treat yourself to a newer van , unfortunately van prices just took a jump as lots of people want a caravan or MH holiday now instead of the foreign beach type or the cruise . Although you might get a little bit more for yours , a newer one will be a lot more too.

I live in a small town and two people close to me have just bought two MH's each and started a hire out business , prices from £1100 to £1400 per week depending on size /berths. I think that says something about the supply and demand.
Penquin, barryd and raynipper like this.

G
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 14-05-2021, 10:21 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Just an update. Apparently the van is sorted. My fixit guy got a new burner and jet for the fridge, inspected the Flue and cleaned it out and its now working fine (so he says). He has also repaired the hole in the floor and the knackered inner arches so along with all the welding and a fresh MOT it would seem Hank is sorted. Not picked it up yet and probably wont until Monday. Bill for fixing the fridge, arches and floor is just £150 which considering the burner and jet is £70 seems cheap as chips to me.

So there is nothing stopping us getting away in it now I guess, its then just a question of maybe flogging it. Michelle is dithering on that one. I Think she wants to keep it so we can go away back end also.
erneboy, Pudsey_Bear and tugboat like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 14-05-2021, 10:33

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yeah, what is it with wives wanting to keep the old favourite until it dies again? Now the old Golf has got a new MOT although with some suspension advisories, she said great and good for another two years? Still gotta spend money on the old one instead of plumping for a new one.

Ray.
barryd and tugboat like this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 14-05-2021, 11:02 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I think its more Michelle is desperate to get away Ray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page