Fridge Vent Covers - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2021, 06:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
I assume you are talking about my vent, no there is only the one clip. I squirted a bit of WD40 on there and gave it a good push up and it came undone, then I thought Why do I want to undo it and with all my strength pushed it down again, because Iīm not undoing all those screws for nothing.
What screws Jan? All the vents I have had there was no screws involved it was just a case of removing the vent, fitting the cover inside it then refitting the vent.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2021, 07:48

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygit View Post
What screws Jan? All the vents I have had there was no screws involved it was just a case of removing the vent, fitting the cover inside it then refitting the vent.
In my picture of the new vent there are screw holes under the vent itself, thereís no other way of holding the unit in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7D772EA4-7268-4472-AE53-B640456E52C3.jpg (396.4 KB, 8 views)

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2021, 10:35

My Motorhome: Rapido 7065FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
In my picture of the new vent there are screw holes under the vent itself, thereís no other way of holding the unit in.
The inner part (frame) with the screw holes is fixed permanently to the MH body. The outer part with the mesh is clipped to the inner part so there should be no need to remove any screws.

Maintenance access to the fridge burner is via the vent, simply remove the vent and reach in through the frame to the rear of the fridge.
JanHank likes this.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2021, 10:57

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabundi View Post
The inner part (frame) with the screw holes is fixed permanently to the MH body. The outer part with the mesh is clipped to the inner part so there should be no need to remove any screws.

Maintenance access to the fridge burner is via the vent, simply remove the vent and reach in through the frame to the rear of the fridge.
The trouble would be removing the top cover, I cant get it off the other end, but I think everything is OK, I will test the fridge and I imagine if it works properly on gas then its OK.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 24-02-2021, 17:38

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
They are designed to only be fitted if you use your fridge when the ambient temperature is low (I think around 5įC.
The reason being that if you donít fit them the fridge gets too efficient and freezes everything inside! (Which I can confirm does happen)

I have never ever fitted them for storage etc. My MH and now caravans have all been subjected the prevailing weather on the same side as the fridge vents. In even the worst storms rainwater has never got into the void behind them. By all means fit them for storage if you want to, but if your MH is in a storage compound be aware they are items that can very easily be removed by someone else. Possibly because of the ridiculously high cost of them.

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page