How many motorhomes have alarms & Trackers? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2021, 22:16

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencepaul View Post
Hi Jean, Sounds good will track one down hopefully but, say the lost motorhome keeps moving and you have no vehicle now. Who do you call? and don't say Ghost busters LOL
I'd call the police. I suspect so would the guys at the call centre that monitors your tracker.

I could just keep calling the tracker n get updates on location. As far as I know it doesn't ring (!) but I've never actually checked! It's on my to-do list.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2021, 22:55

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencepaul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghr272 View Post
Both, tracker monitored 24/7/365, auto alert on low main battery voltage detection, movement detection alert. Not cheap but considering the investment sitting on 6 wheels, worth it imho.

Terry
Yes, you are right Terry.
May I ask a ball park figure of a tracker device with an annual charge costs as a guide pls
When I first got my MH 7 years ago the dealer had it fitted for me, the total cost for a 5 year fit and monitor was £400. It was upgraded when I renewed for the same price with new tracker fitted with improved functionality - online app so I can see daily battery condition, movement detection alert, live mapping allowing me to see its location. I have tested the sms movement alert when I deliberately took it a drive with the static option set on, within a minute I had a sms followed by a phone call.
I see they now have various options available see link.

https://phantom.uk.net/

Terry
terencepaul likes this.

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
The Following User Says Thank You to dghr272 For This Useful Post:
terencepaul (10-02-2021)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2021, 18:26

Tracker and cat 1 alarm insurance company (lots) would not insure it without, cost around£15000 with lifetime monitoring. Every trip is logged can go back all the way to the day it was fitted (Sept 2019) have a tag which is kept separate from the keys so even if the keys are stolen it will alert the company its on the move they in turn will contacted.can be remote immobilised (police request only) van is locked in a garage with a steel roof still gives exact location
terencepaul likes this.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2021, 15:37 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Chausson Sweet Maxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by weldted View Post
Tracker and cat 1 alarm insurance company (lots) would not insure it without, cost around£15000 with lifetime monitoring. Every trip is logged can go back all the way to the day it was fitted (Sept 2019) have a tag which is kept separate from the keys so even if the keys are stolen it will alert the company its on the move they in turn will contacted.can be remote immobilised (police request only) van is locked in a garage with a steel roof still gives exact location
Bit out of my budget "cost around £15000 with lifetime monitoring" wow. Otherwise very interesting. Cheers

Born to travel
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2021, 16:41

My Motorhome: Charisma
Mine has one - with a tracker. The first owner of my van said it was required by the insurance company for vans costing more than some limit. Concorde vans are quite pricey.

Fortunately for me I got a large discount buying privately from someone in a hurry to sell. But I have kept paying for the tracker service - about £170 per year.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 15-02-2021, 23:16

Our Burstner came with no alarm or tracker, had a Thatcham cat 1 alarm and a cat 5 monitored tracker. Around £1500 with lifetime monitoring,it also comes with two credit card size tags that are kept separate from the keys. If the van is driven without either of us having one of the tags with us we get an alert. I can trace every journey the van has made since the system was fitted in Sept 2019. Where what route and speed driven Location is accurate to a few meters. Even when the van is parked in our garage that has a steel roof the position is clear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page