Disabled Blue Badges. - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 22:54

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Ours is for me

Although Albert needs also to apply his knees are seriously bad now

We travel mostly together

The car is automatic, the van isnít , we are unsure his knees will be up to gear changes itís so long since he has driven the van any distance

Fingers crossed

Sandra
You can fit an electronic clutch to a manual they fit a switch to the gear lever this controls the module fitted near the clutch peddle making it a semi auto
patp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 23:02

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Iím not really sure what this means

Does it mean there will not be mutual recognition of disability badges?

Why will you be unable drive Dave?, Does your licence only entitle you to drive in Britain as we have left the EU ?

Or does that only apply to your disability badge rights?

Seems a bit petty, but I guess if the EU donít recognise British disability badge drivers, then Britain wonít recognise EU disability drivers

This year at least Iíll be staying in Britain, and Iíve managed without the advantage of a badge for some time

Sandra
My driving licence is a totally different (and annoying) thing to the Blue Badge thread.

My French Blue Badge is currently accepted throughout the EU and Switzerland, Lichtenstein etc. at present the U.K. Recognises it too, but whether that will continue I do not know.

What saddens me is that NONE of these points were discussed before the negotiations finished and there is no timetable for their discussion (as there is with many other items).

The whole thing is a crick of lies and incompetence and head burying by the British Government. The public should be asked again whether they accept the numerous problems that have been encountered, but that is Brexit.

Suffice it to say in three weeks my licence runs out at the age of 70, I cannot renew with DVLA, as French medical no acceptable and cannot return to U.K., I cannot exchange for French licence as France has not recognised U.K. licences dince January 1st. My only option is to take a French driving test, in French as a learner, no MH driving from then on. So I will be a passenger ONLY unless things change.....
erneboy, patp, aldra and 1 others like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 06:49

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Oooopssss Dave. Why on earth didn't you exchange well before the last day? There was enough news and hoo ha about it and anytime last year it was just a formality. My wife exchanged just before her 70th quite a few years ago thankfully as we realised any infringement after 70 with a UK license would need another test.

Ray.
eurajohn and patp like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 11:17

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbaoman View Post
You can fit an electronic clutch to a manual they fit a switch to the gear lever this controls the module fitted near the clutch peddle making it a semi auto
Thanks, we will definitely look into that possibility

Sandra
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 11:39

We applied for our driving licence renewal in January last year, it was due in March

We are still waiting, they have contacted Alberts consultant and received a reply, same with his eye consultant

Phoned again yesterday, letter on the way to go to spec savers for an eye test, another eye test

Albert pointed out that he is beginning to feel some discrimination is involved now as none of his consultants have raised any concerns and yet again we have waited an unreasonable length of time to be given our license

I think he should put his concerns into a written Email, its to drive the MH 3.8, I wonder should we reverse it back to 3.5 if itís going to cause these problems every time we apply

We would have been unable to go abroad in the van this year if Covid restrictions had been lifted, this has happened every time he has tried to renew his over 70 license, it takes 3- 6 months which is why we start the process early, this time coming up to 12 months wait

Does anyone else have these unrealistic waiting times to receive their licence

Sandra
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 17:59

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Oooopssss Dave. Why on earth didn't you exchange well before the last day? There was enough news and hoo ha about it and anytime last year it was just a formality. My wife exchanged just before her 70th quite a few years ago thankfully as we realised any infringement after 70 with a UK license would need another test.

Ray.
Before 2018 exchange was done via local Prefecture so each Department had many such centres. In 2018 all Driving licences were done via the Government website ANTS.

The actual exchange was centralised to all being done by the Nantes Prefecture. They were instantly overwhelmed and still are. So, they have imposed restrictions on exchanging licences, particularly as there are an estimated 2 million UK licences to be exchanged........

This will be THIRD time of trying, the previous two times, 2018 and 2019 were both sent back with a letter saying "we are too busy and only doing those for people with infringements, apply when only 6 months validity left". The second letter said that they would contact us when to send it all in and not to reapply before then. Needless to say, we have not received ANY notifications.

So I watched the calendar climbing down until the 6 months before expiry arrived, I then started the application, more delay as ANTS takes weeks to reply to anything like "where should I go for a medical?". They sent me a date for a meeting with a Doctor at the Prefecture at Marmande, who promptly rang me up and said that ANTS was wrong, those appointmentsbwerenonly god post drink/driving disqualification licence issues, not the exchange of UK licences without any blemishes (in the last three years...l). So more time wasted.

I only started the new application when I had six months left as they have refused both of ours as I said. Started in September but could not get medical done until ANTS said, that was November. Application submitted and receipted in December.

Article today in Connexion says if application in before January 1st they will exchange as U.K. part of EU at time. Also now said everyone else has until end of this year to change theirs.....

One positive from same article is that they say if using UK licence and unable to exchange that's OK keep driving for now....

BUT would insurance company say the same ? Knowing them they would wriggle unless Government compelled - that won't happen quickly.

So, some light on a black horizon, but I will believe it when I have a mail telling me all OK.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Last edited by Penquin; 05-02-2021 at 18:18.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 18:57

Just as us we are entitled to drive the van until and if our license is revoked

But not outside of Gt Britain

Weíve missed several holidays in May and June waiting for the licence

This time we would have missed Sept/Oct 2020 as well if Covid hadnít already prevented it

Itís looking like may and June is unlikely this year 2021 as well regardless of Covid restrictions possibly they will get themselves into action to allow us sept/ Oct 2021, Covid allowing

We applied in January 2020

And is still pending

Sandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page