Your dream trip. - Page 11 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 422 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 21:30

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,168 Times in 1,014 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
So many of us, Barry, find the place we like to be and keep being drawn back to it. Not to live but just to visit and soak it up.

Jan, we found Camping Car Parks (recommended by Jean) to be really good. They were much more reliable for having water etc than aires. An awful lot of the municipal sites are being taken over by them. You have to join for a small fee to cover the card that gives you access through the barrier. Then you just pay for the time you are there when you leave. They vary from quite utilitarian to fabulous so it is a chance you take until you have a list of favourites.

The French are very tolerant of the odd night spent on a village car park or in a layby too. It makes it very easy to relax when driving somewhere because you can just pull into a village and tuck yourself away for the night.
Yep. I have found that more and more Pat as the years rolled on motorhoming. The joy being we always find new places enroute. You just do. Always good though to return to places you love. Its why I get excited about telling others about them.

This has been a great and very welcome thread Jan. Its just a pity we cant get more people to participate. I would have thought Captain Over @nicholsong would have had some input seeing as he started a thread complaining about none motorhome topics. Where is the old duffer?
erneboy, patp and JanHank like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 422 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 21:49

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Iíd love participate

But I only remember where Iíve been by the thousands of photographs I occasional troll through

My trips are not organised, Italy,Spain, France ,Holland, Germany , Croatia, Slovenia etc

Iíd be hopeless directing anyone

Venice, you want to do Venice in a MH with a hound from hell?, how about Rome ?

Travel the Camargue , Provence

People on here organise their trips into some order, me I just wander for 8 weeks or so and return home

So Iím really no help to anyone planning a trip

Sandra
patp likes this.
post #103 of 422 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 21:50

have updated the Excel spreadsheet with some co ordinates of stopovers. - Still forgot to insert , San Remy de Provence damn.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A4g...ew?usp=sharing

ps .Only suggestions, there are of course nicer campsites etc to stay at but maybe too far out of the way sometimes ? up to you.
patp, barryd and JanHank like this.

G

Last edited by Gretchibald; 04-02-2021 at 22:03.

post #104 of 422 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 22:05

The reason the plan goes to Larrau is because these two nearby attractions are on my bucket list but perhaps a bit too much of a hike for Jan, maybe not.

barryd and JanHank like this.

G
post #105 of 422 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 23:01 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
An electric bike and a dog buggy will weigh less than Hans did Jan and you manged then. (Sorry) about 30kg tops for the bike and battery. Buggy about as much as a shopping trolley I bet. Think about it. Could be a useful addition. there will only be you, Motley and your bikini and stuff
I would also need a bike rack.
patp likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #106 of 422 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 05:39

My Motorhome: Burstner A747
Very rarely do we plan our trips.
More often or not we exit the port of Calais, look at each other and say Ēleft, right or ahead".
Either that or chase the sun.
bognormike, erneboy, patp and 2 others like this.

Frank
post #107 of 422 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdhadi View Post
Very rarely do we plan our trips.
More often or not we exit the port of Calais, look at each other and say Ēleft, right or ahead".
Either that or chase the sun.
Then the Trouble starts, you say left sha says right 😅.
We have always had a goal i.e. Poland, Czechia, Austria or stay in Germany, itís planning the stops on the way weíve never planed,
But now there is no we I need to know in advance as looking at a map and driving at the same time donít go.
The sun is always in the same place even though we canít sometimes see it I just want it not to be raining.
patp and aldra like this.

I'm Jan
post #108 of 422 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 07:44

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
We don't plan and mostly don't keep much record of where we've been so while I find the thread interesting, I don't have much to contribute.
fdhadi and JanHank like this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #109 of 422 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 07:47 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchibald View Post
The reason the plan goes to Larrau is because these two nearby attractions are on my bucket list but perhaps a bit too much of a hike for Jan, maybe not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES91eKqgOdM&t=2s
Didnít understand a word . Yes if I could walk that is the kind of attraction I like, natural. I have been through something similar somewhere in Bavaria, not as Long as that one though, could have been near Oberamergau.
Who knows maybe I will be OK for walking next year as things change with me, in September 2020 I walked quite a long way almost every day.
As for walking to shops, the only shops I will need are for food Iím not a window shopper, so stopping places need not be close to villages, anything I need I would stop on route to buy.
I made friends with two young Germans last year when Heike and I were at a remote Stellplatz, they had a car, the water was in the village and we were prepared to take my trolly to collect water when they said they would fetch our water because they had a car ( and caravan) I had an email from them just after Christmas telling me what they were doing and hoped we would meet again this year, so if I meet more people like that young couple who knows what or where I might go, Motley attracts many people
patp and Gretchibald like this.

I'm Jan
post #110 of 422 (permalink) Old 05-02-2021, 07:57 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
We don't plan and mostly don't keep much record of where we've been so while I find the thread interesting, I don't have much to contribute.
I have several little books that I have started as diaryís for holidays Alan, they mostly contain the first few days and thatís it. My intention was to write down the km. each time we moved, how much diesel and all the other things some people note like GPS etc.
If I remember to use the app I have installed on the phone then hopefully I will have at least the places I stopped on record.

Contributions or not your presence is needed because as I get nearer a bit of guidance may be necessary.
erneboy likes this.

I'm Jan

Last edited by JanHank; 05-02-2021 at 08:00.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page