Chairs for a Piccolo - any suggestions? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 31-01-2021, 22:45 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Murvi Piccolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
I think our Raymond is being facetious Jean, slap his hand next time you see him.
D'accord!

Chris
patp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 31-01-2021, 22:48 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
If we did stay for more than five mins and get the wine out, they then became the occasional tables while we got the comfortable chairs out.

Ray.
That's more like it, Ray.

But they're fairly similar to the ones I'm trying to find room for.

Chris
patp likes this.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 31-01-2021, 23:09 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
The diagrams show the seats turned, well they are not like that when you travel naturally, could you put a flattened chair behind each seat? Difficult to judge space with the little pictures.

Yes, actually the Piccolo seats do face forwards as they are belted seats and will be great for taking friends or family out for day trips (whenever we're allowed to do that). When they're upright there is storage space behind the seat back and under the 'hanging' wardrobe. At the moment we're storing the bedding there but the chairs might fit if we found somewhere else for some of the bedding. I was hoping someone might know of a really comfortable chair that folds up small and we could store in the over-cab area. But even if such a thing exists I doubt you can both sit up straight and lounge in it.

Chris

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 05:32

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I think youíre looking for the non existent, a seat with a high back is about the best you will find I would say. The 2 I have are high ish back, neither of us were sun worshipers so loungers not needed, or put the chair on the side of the Van, cushion behind your head and have a knap.
Unless someone knows different of course.

By the way, I meant to carry the chair behind the driver and passenger seats, tied on to stop any rattles, as I said itís difficult to imagine where you could store them without being familiar with the layout.
ChrisandJohn likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 08:24

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I assumed the lafumas you have were without the leg extension (since you spoke of the stool/table-top) and that is exactly the arrangement I have. If you have the leg-extension ones I'd suggest going for the ones without as they'll take up less room but are really comfortable.

I used to have leg-extension chairs but found them too heavy (not lafuma) and too bulky.

Jean
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 09:27 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
I assumed the lafumas you have were without the leg extension (since you spoke of the stool/table-top) and that is exactly the arrangement I have. If you have the leg-extension ones I'd suggest going for the ones without as they'll take up less room but are really comfortable.

I used to have leg-extension chairs but found them too heavy (not lafuma) and too bulky.
Your right Jean, I don't have the leg extensions. The set up with the Lafuma chairs and stools is ideal for us, just more difficult to carry now. I think I agree with Jan that what I'm looking for doesnít exist. Maybe weíll have to consider some smaller folding chairs that weíll take on trips when we won't want to lounge much, and take the Lafumas when we do envisage spending a lot of time sitting around outside the van.

Like Jan, weíre not sun worshippers either. In fact I sometime have to deliberately avoid it as I tend to get Polymorphic Light Eruption. Itís just that if I'm reading and relaxing I donít want to be sitting bolt upright.

Chris
aldra likes this.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 15:45

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Iím not sure what the connection between sun worshipers and comfortable outdoor lounging chairs is

Itís perfectly feasible to sit outdoors in the shade, relax and be comfortable

Leg extensions make it difficult to have a dual action chair to sit at the dining table, and a light weight footstool can double up as a foot rest or side table , save weight and space which is essential in a MH

You all know what I think about sun worshipers, malignant skin cancer is a growing hazard even in the temperate climate of Gt Britain, donít risk it

Sandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page