Motorhome across to France and Spain - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 10:50 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria Coral Compact
Personal Aire
Motorhome across to France and Spain

Does anyone know if a border crossing into France or Spain is at all possible? I know, of course, that we are not supposed to travel right now, but I'd still like to know if anyone has tried to get onto the Santander ferry or tried to get into France in a motorhome?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 13:20

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
We drove across the French/Spanish borders twice just before Christmas and saw no restrictions. But from the UK I think you need to be a resident and have a negative covid test result.

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 13:59

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
As far as i know it is still legal to enter Spain by ferry with a covid test and transit to a camp site in the south you should then not travel around until you leave Spain but with all the restrictions in place and us locals locked down i dont think it is very wise and as restrictions can change at any time so please stay at home at this time
erneboy, patp and Penquin like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bilbaoman For This Useful Post:
Penquin (12-01-2021)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 15:04

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
IMO, anyone trying to travel around Spain or France at the present time must expect to be challenged.

It is not recommended to travel in either country, to do so may well inflame public opinion if/when you stop. It may well also give MH users a bad reputation for "ignoring advice".

Is it really ESSENTIAL at the present time ?

Only if it is a means to get home, nothing else IMO.

Stay home and help others avoid death.
erneboy, patp and chasper like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 17:56 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Of course I am staying put for now. Not much fun anyway with most communities literally shut down, Just wondered whether it was possible at all.
Hope this is going to be resolved sometime soon. My hours on this planet are getting less and less
patp likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 18:54

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Five different German vans next door here today. That perhaps only 10% of the seasonal norm, but it's a lot considering that movement within Spain is, I think still, supposed to be very limited at the moment.
patp likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 20:50 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Five different German vans next door here today. That perhaps only 10% of the seasonal norm, but it's a lot considering that movement within Spain is, I think still, supposed to be very limited at the moment.

Wish I had never given up my german passport all these years ago and I could be one of them
patp likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 20:58

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Can't you renew it?

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-01-2021, 09:05

We were there in March when lockdown happened. The first thing they did was to ban all new entrants from campsites. Gates were locked and we had to ask to be let in and out.
As our and, I assume, all other campsites notify the police of who is staying we could not get away with staying put (under the radar) once campsites were closed all together. I would assume that wild camping as a way around the rules would be strictly monitored too. This means you would struggle to find somewhere to stay once you got there.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-01-2021, 09:27

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
We were there in March when lockdown happened. The first thing they did was to ban all new entrants from campsites. Gates were locked and we had to ask to be let in and out.
As our and, I assume, all other campsites notify the police of who is staying we could not get away with staying put (under the radar) once campsites were closed all together. I would assume that wild camping as a way around the rules would be strictly monitored too. This means you would struggle to find somewhere to stay once you got there.
This time the restrictions on travel only apply to residents i live in bizkia and cannot leave the area but if you were comming from France you can travel to any destination in Spain you are not supposed to move then but this is not being enforced campsites are still open
patp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page