Long shot - Registering a motorhome in France - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 13:41

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,026 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Almost makes you wish we were in one union dunnit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 15:40

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudsey_Bear View Post
Almost makes you wish we were in one union dunnit

What you mean like a union which, when it is facing a new threat in a pandemic and needs to co-ordinate border controls, procedes by

Calling a Meeting of 27 Commissioners which recommends to the Council that they request the Member States to act in accordance with a,b,c,d,

The Council then have a Meeting which Endorses the recommendation to act according to a,b,c,d.

This is then referred to a Meeting of the 27 Ambassadors for discussion acting on the recommendation of acting on a,b,c,d.

Meanwhile several of the Member States have implemented their own rules for a 48 hour period.

The Ambassadors have reached no conclusive decision and actions by the end of the 48 hours.

Oh yea one of those unions? Can't wait to join.

Geoff
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 15:45

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,026 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Not exactly a meeting of minds, it doesn't take much to realise you cannot run anything by committee, attempting to run so many countries this way is bound to end in tears, even a simple partnership in business can be dicey.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 15:58

[QUOTE=Pudsey_Bear;3129441]Not exactly a meeting of minds, it doesn't take much to realise you cannot run anything by committee, attempting to run so many countries this way is bound to end in tears, even a simple partnership in business can be dicey.[/QUOTE]

Your use of the word 'Dicey' is amusing, because that was the name of a writer who was an authority on Constitutional Law and the EU's cobbling together of Treaties. Directives and Regulations in no way matches anybody's concept of a Constitution - it more resembles a Joke.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 19:47

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
We did our Hobby 750 5.5 ton Motorhome about ten years ago and it was challenging. Took six month and €950 in fees. But was worth it.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to raynipper For This Useful Post:
veevee (23-12-2020)
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 20:43

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
And there are those that complain when MH threads get political.

“Black @ss shouts the pot to the pan,” just remember who started it eh.

Who would have thought EU member states could act independently? BOOM

Terry

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 21:22 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
We did our Hobby 750 5.5 ton Motorhome about ten years ago and it was challenging. Took six month and €950 in fees. But was worth it.

Ray.
Thanks for bringing this back to the purpose of the thread, but we all need to let off steam, unusual times.

Meant to write have read your earlier adventures in the US, looks like you had the time of your life, thanks for that too.
raynipper likes this.

Last edited by veevee; 23-12-2020 at 21:24.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 23-12-2020, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by veevee View Post
Thanks for bringing this back to the purpose of the thread, but we all need to let off steam, unusual times.

Meant to write have read your earlier adventures in the US, looks like you had the time of your life, thanks for that too.
You yourself mentioned a Schengen rule, and I took Pudsey's post to mean to point out that there it is doubtful if there is a 'union' if different countries are not consistent in the hoops they make people go through to register, thus the discussion about how the EU/ Schengen and their Member States deal differently with problems including registration.

Why should you be constrained to register in 90 days if I in Poland are given 180 days - unless there is a EU/Schengen over-riding rule, but is there?

It is all relevant to whether the average citizen is able to discern whether any country in any union is treating all citizens fairly. If you compare the requirements of France and Spain with other countries they are generally in most procedures difficult to comply with, which makes a nonsense, particularly for vehicles, which wherever registered. are allowed to roam freely within the EU.

If the requirements were all the same maybe you VeeVee might not be having to ask how in particular one has to do it in France.

The EU brief on techjnical inspections says any inspection in an EU country is acceptable, but Poland will not accept one.

Geoff
Penquin likes this.

Last edited by nicholsong; 23-12-2020 at 23:06.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 24-12-2020, 02:47 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
You yourself mentioned a Schengen rule, and I took Pudsey's post to mean to point out that there it is doubtful if there is a 'union' if different countries are not consistent in the hoops they make people go through to register, thus the discussion about how the EU/ Schengen and their Member States deal differently with problems including registration.

Why should you be constrained to register in 90 days if I in Poland are given 180 days - unless there is a EU/Schengen over-riding rule, but is there?

It is all relevant to whether the average citizen is able to discern whether any country in any union is treating all citizens fairly. If you compare the requirements of France and Spain with other countries they are generally in most procedures difficult to comply with, which makes a nonsense, particularly for vehicles, which wherever registered. are allowed to roam freely within the EU.

If the requirements were all the same maybe you VeeVee might not be having to ask how in particular one has to do it in France.

The EU brief on techjnical inspections says any inspection in an EU country is acceptable, but Poland will not accept one.

Geoff

I take your point re differeing national approaches to various aspects of governance within the EU, but having seen elsewhere the problems caused by mixing politics however mild with other subject matter means I'm probably too sensitive to anything that hints of political comment within a technical thread.
It was one of the delights on returning here to see there is a political thread that works.

I'm new back here and working out how this forum works, I'll try not to be so sensitive.

My initial information re vehicles 90 in 180 days in Schengen came from English language French living forums, I didn't research deep enough into them to confirm what was being suggested or if my take on it was correct. Here is a link to an English language French news site that explains the situation in France in detail. It gives 6 months in any one year but appears to be able to be continuous, unlike the rolling 90 in 180.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190715/the...-car-to-france

I don't know if the situation in Poland is the same as France or this if rule is applied in the same manner, but hope this helps you in your reseach.
The Following User Says Thank You to veevee For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (24-12-2020)
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 24-12-2020, 06:49

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by veevee View Post

Yes a great ten years touring the states in superb RVs seeing places and meeting up with now lifelong friends. But just memories now.
Never could quite get on with Euro vans as too many compromises and I enjoyed the challenge of getting a 40' into places people said would not go.

Ray.
veevee likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page