Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Motorhome for sale

4K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  raynipper 
#1 ·
Some of the long term members will remember me building this 8-9 years ago, I sold it in 2013, well I bought it back last year, I've done some work on it, and we've decided we're not going to use it and it's up for sale again, here is the link to it on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154095565969

#5 ·
it weighs about 3000kg Barry, I didn't want a flimsy van so there is some real wood and ply in there, not loads but where I thought it needed strength.

Reactions: barryd
#6 ·
All new Drew, if you look on motorhome owners morning thread I link directly to my dropbox folder.

#8 ·
I have had a few questions on it so far, but no veiwings booked yet, I only put it on yesterday though.

#9 ·
Whoever buys it tell them to book early for a campsite place. The new CL in our village is booked right through until end of October and we had very little choice of sites when we were looking to go to Swindon and then to near Maidstone. The site we are on is full and the camp site warden has never known it where they had no vacancies on a Monday!

#10 ·
Nice tidy bit of kit Kev, it should sell ok.

Terry

#12 ·
I never did a follow up on the van, It sold to a family in Doncaster, I made a big mistake though, I priced it way too low, I've not been watching the market as I haven't been looking for another van, I sold it for £15.5k, I have been looking since then to replace it, I have a few different 2 berth saved searches on eBay, and you just cannot buy a decently made van for less than £25+ I think I should have had it as an auction starting at £21.5k and see what happened.

On the plus side, first to see did buy it.

Reactions: patp
#14 ·
I never did a follow up on the van, It sold to a family in Doncaster, I made a big mistake though, I priced it way too low, I've not been watching the market as I haven't been looking for another van, I sold it for £15.5k, I have been looking since then to replace it, I have a few different 2 berth saved searches on eBay, and you just cannot buy a decently made van for less than £25+ I think I should have had it as an auction starting at £21.5k and see what happened.

On the plus side, first to see did buy it.
Kev

May I tap your brains since you have been looking at the UK market and I do not have so much access to it being in Poland?

If I brought my 'A' Class Niesmann&Bischoff Arto 69GL back to UK for sale, which is RHD so not sellable here, what do you think it would fetch in a private sale? It is 2003 build, 7m with dropdown double bed over the cab, double over the large garage, 'L'-shaped lounge, has 53,000 on the clock. As you probably know the N&B are built of double-aluminium on foam composite with no timber, so fairly rot=proof.

Any clue/guesses? I will not hold you to anything you say, but I am just interested in your view of the market.

Geoff

#19 ·
Be great if you could get those prices Geoff.

Reactions: nicholsong
#27 ·
The trouble is if you are selling to upgrade then these price hikes are a real issue as whatever vehicle you are going to upgrade to will also have gone up in price. Unless the price hikes are mainly in the bottom end of the market but I dont think they are. Motorhomes I was looking at a year or two ago that were £30-£35k are now £38-£43k. Not sure beyond that price but if I maybe get say £2k more for my Kontiki than I might have got a year or so ago my upgrade will be probably £8k more than it would have been a year or so ago so I am £6k worse off.

Its the same when people get excited about their house going up in value. Its only good news if you plan to sell up and go and live in a tent.

#21 ·
Not had a PM Geoff

#23 ·
That's odd Geoff, I asked in the next post after you asked for me to look into it for the engine size what type of gearbox and a few pictures, so I could look into it properly rather than just google it, as You no doubt would have already done that yourself.

#24 ·
That's odd Geoff, I asked in the next post after you asked for me to look into it for the engine size what type of gearbox and a few pictures, so I could look into it properly rather than just google it, as You no doubt would have already done that yourself.
Well that post does not show - maybe you did not press send, like I often forget, usually because I get distracted.

Sorry no pics and it is covered in snow at the moment. Engine/gearbox is the standard for that year of Arto, i.e. Fiat 2.8jtd and a manual 5 speed.

Don't spend too much time on it Kev, because by the time I could get it to UK the market might have changed, but thanks for any efforts.

Geoff

#25 ·
Yes, I have had it on facts before that you press post and then close the page down to go elsewhere and it hasn't finished it because this is the slowest website on the net I think.

Reactions: nicholsong
#26 ·
Having had a scout around I think as has been already posted, between £25 to 35k not many out there to choose from, either they didn't make many of that model or people hang onto them, either way, it's a bonus for you Geoff, I'd try for the higher figure if you think yours is comparable, you can always drop the price, if not come in the middle somewhere, they seem to be a very well built van, way out of my price range though.

What do you fancy getting, you could always snap up Barrys van out of your small change :D :D

#28 ·
Having had a scout around I think as has been already posted, between £25 to 35k not many out there to choose from, either they didn't make many of that model or people hang onto them, either way, it's a bonus for you Geoff, I'd try for the higher figure if you think yours is comparable, you can always drop the price, if not come in the middle somewhere, they seem to be a very well built van, way out of my price range though.

What do you fancy getting, you could always snap up Barrys van out of your small change :D :D
I would not even give Barry my small change - well I would for his IT help. Anyway his Kontiki is non-combatant at the moment, so is his car - he says he is marooned.

You are right about the quality of the N&B, just a tad up from Hymer in my opinion. I was glad I spent a long time looking for our Arto as my first MH as I am still very happy with it, but we might like an island bed and a bit more payload for a scooter, plus auto-levelling, although we could go from 3850kg to 4,000kg if we fitted air suspension.

I started looking at a new Arto, but we would like an island bed and the 8m model has been discontinued, only the 9m available, but a bit to long for our needs. Now I have got Polish licence for 5 years till next medical that puts truck chassis in the frame and I had a long talk with the Morelo guy. I think their 82M might be a possibility.

I am not sure I want to buy new just now, because it would then be about 9 years old when the ban on sales of diesels might kick in, so it might make more sense to buy a secondhand for those interim years. Basia would like to keep under 3500kg so she could drive without taking her C1 test, but I am resistant to that as I think it would be difficult to equate the same quality and the payload to accommodate a scooter.

Kev, sorry a bit of a long answer to your question, but maybe you and others might have useful comments on my thinking.

If those asking figures are anyway achievable then I could end up selling for what I paid 12 years ago - amazing! Particularly when I mentally budgeted for depreciation of £5K a year, but I had not allowed for quality holding value.

Enough.

Geoff

#32 ·
I would imagine any savvy manufacturer will just put them up as and when they like, change the way they mark up the kit, blame their suppliers, etc.

As for Barry being okay, it's a bit of a stretch but I'll let it go, but his IT skills are dropping, he's not helped me on two different problems yet, I'll have to change my name to Ray :D :D

#33 ·
Don't drag me into this. Baz helped me get my current PC.
Any van is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it.

Ray.

Reactions: aldra
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.