Motorhome Facts Forum banner

I´m ready to go

8K views 145 replies 14 participants last post by  raynipper 
#1 ·
Only the usual last minute stuff to put in tomorrow and then my little pal and I are off.
He's had his tick and flee tablet, the Navajo has a new vehicle battery.
I took my house key to Horst and came back with 5 little jars of jam, one from Horst and 4 from his next door neighbour Inis.

Everything is charged up and I hope 8 gb of internet will be enough for a few weeks.
Heading towards Koblenz, but taking my time to get there. Pick Heike up on the 11th and we will be going to the Harz for 8 days.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is that southwest for you Jan?

I just picked up my MH today after servicing n a few jobs done n I've decided to explore a couple of the Donegal peninsulas.

So I'm parked at Ramelton beside the river. We came here quite a few years ago to see the sailing ship Jeanie Johnston (my maiden name) - a replica of a ship used in the transportation to the colonies of migrants fleeing famine in Ireland.

It's a lovely spot. But I have to return to my daughter's tomorrow as I left my walking (wet-gear) shoes behind n it's due to be very wet on Wed.

Look forward to seeing your itinerary Jan.

I was going to add a pic but I just keep getting the whirling dervish.

#3 ·
Go for it you two intrepid ladies!

We are trying to squeeze in a weekend in Kent but can't commit to anything until we know if any of the work teams are committed to laying our foundations. Driving me nuts.

Then we have a course booked, to brush up Chris's heating skills to include Air Source Heat Pumps, in Swindon. There seems to be a dearth of camping sites near Swindon. The C&CC have one but is full for that weekend. Found another CL type that wants £35 per night!

#4 ·
I’m in Storkow next to the loch on the canal and a short way from the wooden draw bridge. Only for the night, tomorrow on to Bad Düben. Yes it is south west I am traveling Jean. My little boy has been smiled at and commented on many times, The only time he was put on the lead was for a new experience walking up and down the open stairs over the canal.

Attachments

#8 ·
I found it in the bord atlas, a free Stellplatz. Just noticed as we came back from our third walk the couple next to me are Dutch so had a little conversation through the window. Only here for the night so won’t be trying any eating places in fact I don’t think I will anywhere unless it’s a take away.

#9 ·
I'm over 16,000 steps today - most exercise in a long time.
I dandered in Ramelton this morning, met a man who regaled me with his infatuation with music, specifically Mario Lanza. He has all the discs, films etc. He met Mario's daughter, 3 times, details of when n where. Same for Jack Jones. Now these 2 names I know but then he segued off into lists of others. Lovely man, but I was exhausted!!

Picked up my shoes n walked the dog with my daughter before heading up the Carrigart peninsula. Stopped at Cuan na rú - not allowed to stay overnight but I did the board walk and a long paddle along the beach - wonderful!

Then I came up to Tramore beach at Rosapenna - loads of people in swimming this evening (not me!)

Pics:
1. Ramelton Quay parking (where I clipped the backend of the van)
2. Ramelton again
3. The beach at Cuan na rú
4. Tramore beach

Attachments

#11 ·
Day 2 second place and I nearly didn’t come here because it said 6 meters. There is a pond, trees and loads of walks for Motley because it seems to be a dog walk place, but so far it looks clean of s**t.

Attachments

#14 ·
It’s a Bad but a lot further on for me, Bad Düben. A little lake, more like a pond, but someone is fishing. A nice place for me to spend the night. I wonder if it’s because it says in the bord atlas 6mtrs. Why nobody else is here. I’m sitting outside, the sun is nice and warm.

#19 ·
Not getting any emails to say anzunehmen has answered threads I subscribe to and on the phone I can=t find a place to like and show You I have seen our post.
If I hadn’t got it into my head to travel slowly south I could have stopped at Bad Duben for a few days, its is a nice quiet place with a small lake and right near the Kurpark.
I am now in a place I had not planned thanks to the new Tomtom that so far I can’t understand. I’m in the south Harz at a mining museum and at the invitation of the lady in charge at the restaurant staying on the car park for the night. I spent my first Euros today on a Schnitzel salad and crotchet potatoes, the only thing I regret was having a glass of water for 2.50 :frown2:
Now don’t all go silly, its my 76 birthday today and although the lady had no idea when I paid she gave me some little biscuits to have with my coffee this afternoon and said take the plate back in the morning.
I can see houses if I look to the left, but to the right trees and fields, I will be fine here for tonight.

Attachments

#20 ·
Happy Birthday Jan

Reactions: patp and JanHank
#23 ·
Happy Birthday Jan! You're certainly doing the 'keep moving' bit in Terry's pic!

Re the site on your phone, you're probably on the EMV - with a blue banner-head? If so, hit the top left hamburger button n select Exit enhanced mobile view at the bottom. I think that should take you to the full site. I actually prefer the EMV n it uses less data I believe.

#27 ·
I have had a bad day, left a lovely quiet site though I would get up to Koblenz in one hit on the motorway which I did and nearly ran out of diesel only 50 km left it said and the light was on for a few km. Anyway when I finally got to a station it was 1.37€ and I had seen it off the motorway for 1.01€ so I only put 22 ltrs in.
I then had TomTom trouble I kept putting in where I wanted to go and it would only show me where I was the blue arrow going wherever I went but not telling me where to go.
I am now in a very quiet place that we have known for many years because we kept a caravan here for about 4 years. About 15 km from Heike. There are many places to walk here and a big place for Motley to play. This is also where we were when I found Motley on the internet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.