Checking tyre pressure - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 11:28 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherekee View Post
You just wait a while. It is like a BAD DREAM for those of us that have been on the forum for a while.

Someone will be along to explain soon. I'm not getting involved!!!

Alan

You are the weakest link---goodbye

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 11:43

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Didn't you have a rebuilt engine not long ago Jan.? The oil should be very clean as not much mileage happened since then.

Ray.
JanHank likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifes savings. Guess what? He robbed us of 750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 11:44

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048DF
OK Jan,

Then just a little teaser!!!!

Some one on here who is "more in the know" will post a link to To/From several (maybe hundreds over the years) threads about how to get the correct tyre pressure for your van and then it will all KICK OFF again FOR SEVERAL DAYS until we all get fed up and it will go away for a while.

You will know when you see it. It is only painful when you have seen it several times. There is only one known cure because people pop up from time to time (maybe like yourself) who is not aware of its terrible existence. The only cure I know of is to use the search facility on here (how to find the correct tyre pressure for my motorhome maybe) or something like that.

Jan I am only doing this to prolong the eventual and have no malice against you and I am sure all will be revealed in the not too distant future and all will be well with your tyres and you will be safe and sound in the knowledge that you know the correct way to do it. You will then be part of the "bad dream team".

best regards

Alan

(who has nothing better to do at the moment)

post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 11:46

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Like 'Toads' Alan.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifes savings. Guess what? He robbed us of 750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 11:53 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
OK Jan,

Then just a little teaser!!!!

Some one on here who is "more in the know" will post a link to To/From several (maybe hundreds over the years) threads about how to get the correct tyre pressure for your van and then it will all KICK OFF again FOR SEVERAL DAYS until we all get fed up and it will go away for a while.

You will know when you see it. It is only painful when you have seen it several times. There is only one known cure because people pop up from time to time (maybe like yourself) who is not aware of its terrible existence. The only cure I know of is to use the search facility on here (how to find the correct tyre pressure for my motorhome maybe) or something like that.

Jan I am only doing this to prolong the eventual and have no malice against you and I am sure all will be revealed in the not too distant future and all will be well with your tyres and you will be safe and sound in the knowledge that you know the correct way to do it. You will then be part of the "bad dream team".

best regards

Alan

(who has nothing better to do at the moment)
Should I call you a wasaname stirrer
I am sure one of those threads would have belonged to me when we first had the Navajo because Hans was a bit confused about pressures, but that was a long time ago and that was his pigeon, but now its all mine, so I ask, do my very best to understand and if I dont I will get a professional to do it for me, like the gas door that needs a new catch, I have decided its not a job for me.
Now clear orf and find something useful to do like I must do, dont keep wasting time on here.
dghr272 likes this.

I'm Jan
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 13:22

Well I have had a lie down and feel I have the strength now.

This is the way I would/do do it but others may have other ideas. It really is very easy to do.

Find out what tyres you have with all the side wall details (maybe need help with that) Mine are Continental Vanco 2 Four Season 225/75 R 16C 121/120R 10 PLY

Load your van as you would when you go camping with a full fuel tank and either the water tank or the waste tank full of water (sometimes you may have this load). Worst case.

Take the van to a weighbridge and get 3 weights from the read out.

The front axle weight with just the front wheels in the middle of the plate.

The whole van on the plate.

The rear axle weight with just the rear wheels in the middle of the plate.

Then you email the technical Department of the Tyre manufacturer giving the front and rear weight figures and ask them to give you the correct tyre pressure required.

If you feel able you can download the correct tyre info from their website and work it out your self. If you do choose the figure next up from your given that is best.

When you have this info pump up the tyres when cold (not after driving 20 miles) to this pressure given.

Michelin advised me to increase the given front tyre pressure by 10% to allow for braking performance

The whole van weight is just for your own info so you can see if you are not over the max weight allowed for the van.

If you use the van when not ("holiday loaded) then you will be fine and safe and within the tyre limits. With the correct running pressure it gives a good footprint on the tarmac and the most stable and safe when needed in rain for water dispersal so no aquaplaning etc.

Get your self some TyrePal (or similar) sensors on the wheels and you will have a constant readout from the comfort of your driving seat.

I think that is it phew!!!!

Good luck

Alan
The Following User Says Thank You to Cherekee For This Useful Post:
raynipper (21-08-2020)
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 14:03 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Have you kissed the Blarney Stone by any chance
I wonder how many out a hundred do that.
We have been through all these weights and measures a little while back so Ill skip that.

I am not planning on going on motorways to be stopped so that means my speed will be 100 kph

I only asked about tyre pressure

I think I must have a rest now

I'm Jan
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 14:27

So what pressure are you wanting to check against to see if it is correct then?

Alan
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 16:13

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
Use the figures from the weighbridge axle weights to determine your pressures - https://www.tyresafe.org/check-your-...res/motorhomes

Give the exact tyre dimensions and ratings.

With the tyres I have fitted - Continental (225/70 R 15C 112/110) - on my Pilote on a Ducato base and with front axle 1560kg and rear axle 1940kg, confirmed fully laden by a weighbridge, the recommended pressures are 47psi front and 61psi rear.

Pudsey_Bear likes this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 16:27 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
So what pressure are you wanting to check against to see if it is correct then?

Alan
Ive had a sleep, the temperature is 34C

Th tyres are.
Continental- van contact- 4 seasons- radial.

They look alright to me and felt all right when I went to Poland on Tuesday and the other Alan says I am in the right ball park and I trust him.

These are nothing to do with what we are talking about I just wasted 5 minutes while the coffee was making looking through all those daft emojis,
5 mins of my life I will never get back. there are dozens of the daft things.

Oh I see Keef has put his four penneth in with a completely different measurement, yes, yes, very confusing, now where do I find a weigh bridge?

I'm Jan

Last edited by JanHank; 21-08-2020 at 16:32.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page