Sewage emptying sites in Poland - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

8Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffay
  • 1 Post By Penquin
  • 4 Post By nicholsong
  • 1 Post By Penquin
  • 1 Post By nicholsong

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-05-2020, 09:38 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Sewage emptying sites in Poland

For several years now, I have been travelling with my motorhome offering me a few days of autonomy, i.e. I can do without emptying the wastewater and don't need to replenish water or electricity - I have everything on my own. However, I am planning a little trip for myself and my SO. We want to visit our eastern neighbors and travel a bit around Poland. But I have read about some problems we may have with....sewage.
On the island of Bornholm you can drain the sewage with a special hose, which has to be connected to the hooks in the car. You have to crawl under the car, connect the hose, crawl, drain the sewage, then crawl again to disconnect the hose... In Nuremberg it is similar. In Berlin, on the other hand, there is a concrete square with a bevel, where you simply enter and drain the sewage that flows in. There are various solutions to this problem abroad, some better and some worse. But this is the standard. Usually such places are located at the entrances to the campsite.
What we have managed to learn however, is that in Poland there is one camping site, in Leba, where there is an information board about the possibility of emptying the sewage. That sounds scary (and unreal) but do you know if it is true? Or do you know about more sites with a possibility to legally empty sewage? We planned to travel starting north to the south of the country so from the sea to the mountains.
But that sewage issue sounds like a major obstacle. I don't want to worry about it and I do not want to empty it illegally.
patp likes this.

Proudly working with guys from web design Geelong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-05-2020, 10:08

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I hope that Geoff (Nicholson) can give more information about this - he is the fount if all wisdom as regards Poland.

Welcome to MHF anyway. 😋
patp likes this.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-05-2020, 10:32
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Do you actually mean toilet waste (Black) or do you mean all waste....washing water (Grey) waste.
Most Motorhomes have a toilet cassette which is removed and emptied at a toilet emptying point.....plus a waste water tank which empties from an under vehicle drain pipe....which seems to be what you are talking about?

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-05-2020, 13:49

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Firstly, ignore Dave(penquin) comment about fount of wisdom. Although we live in Poland I am not much of a fount of knowledge of touring here.

Secondly we have done little touring within Poland and also we do not use campsites. Most of our trips in Poland have been quite local or across into Slowakia, with no need for dumping. We carry 2 cassettes.

What I can tell you is that half the Service Areas on motorways have drive over grids for buses to empty their toilets. On the approach signs at 5k or 3km the signs will have the word 'BUS' and also directions inside the area to the appropriate grid. Just drive over for grey waste, and black waste if it is an RV, open your tap. For cassette drive forward and walk cassette back to grid. There is usually a hose to was down.

Geoff
H1-GBV, patp, Penquin and 1 others like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-05-2020, 14:15

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
See, in spite of trying to denounce my comment, he has made a REALLY useful contribution....

I rest my case...... 😂
patp likes this.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-05-2020, 19:29

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
See, in spite of trying to denounce my comment, he has made a REALLY useful contribution....

I rest my case...... 😂

Dave, I only talked about M/ways whereas the OP seemed to want info on campsites. So hardly qualify as a fount of ought. I know more about MHoming in France.

Looks like new Member - wonder if he will come back.

Geoff
Penquin likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page