Full-time dilemmas? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 11:50 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Full-time dilemmas?

I was out for my daily exercise yesterday (beautiful afternoon), and walked along Bognor prom - which would normally be heaving with people and cars parked both sides, and there was an American Rv parked up by the pier - with slide out almost on to the pavement! - and I wondered whether it was somebody who lives in it full time, with an obvious problem of where to go.
Then this morning I drove over to Chichester for my old crumblies early bird special shop, and saw the same RV tucked away in the corner of one of the car parks in town. I wonder whether it's somebody who was going to be a warden at a CC / CCC or similar site for the season and is now somewhat stuck for somewhere to go?

As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Felpham.

I don't feed trolls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 12:08

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I thought we were in lockdown Mike?

Ray.
bognormike likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 13:36 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
exercise is allowed Ray! I'd go nuts if I couldn't go out to the beach - just calms you down to hear the waves rolling in & out.

As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Felpham.

I don't feed trolls!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 15:11

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I can understand the philosophy Mike but any walk outside your home environment can bring you into contact with others to transmit either way. OK you can say shopping (for essentials) is another vague rule/limitation. But I just feel any possibility of contact should be stopped emphatically and not just a wishy washy try to if you can suggestion.
I guess the police are getting all sorts of excuses and defensive answers but still find groups acting as if there was no problem.
We have a friend who seems he 'needs' to go out virtually every day for some reason or another. But he is a little 'different' and can't be told because it always essential.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 15:27

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
I can understand the philosophy Mike but any walk outside your home environment can bring you into contact with others to transmit either way.
you need to configure context of location into this and not use sweeping statements such as "any walk". we had a 9km walk yesterday and for the 1st 2k through our village we came across 6 others - all of us easily spotting each other and staying well out of the way of each other. thereafter for another hour or so, nobody at all that wasn't either visible in the distance (just 2 people walking their dogs) and 1 person driving past in a car. so where is the problem there???
bognormike, H1-GBV, barryd and 1 others like this.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........

Last edited by fatbuddha; 13-04-2020 at 16:13.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 15:42

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
A daily walk, run or bike ride is within the government’s regulations. I take my dog out every day to exercise both of us.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 15:57

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,252 Times in 1,084 Posts
Personal Aire
I broke the rules and went out three times the other day round the block (3.5 miles), twice on the push bike and once on the scooter.

The only thing I encountered was a mad Woodpecker. No risk whatsoever.

As for the RV if they are full timers I am surprised they have not found somewhere permanent as it cant be much fun having to skulk around trying to find places to stop. Motorhomes it seems are not welcome anywhere now.
nickkdx likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 16:10

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Quote:
As for the RV if they are full timers I am surprised they have not found somewhere permanent as it cant be much fun having to skulk around trying to find places to stop. Motorhomes it seems are not welcome anywhere now.
we cycled through our local nature reserve on Saturday and just outside the entrance, next to a big car empty car park with a height barrier, were 2 RVs - a big Yank Winnebago and a Brit Autotrail. both had signs in the window saying that the vehicles were their homes but they couldn't find anywhere to park up during lockdown so had used this quiet spot but would be moving on as soon as they could. one of them had also put out some planted boxes to make it look a bit smarter. frankly, they're not causing any problems as nobody is driving to the place and using the car park, both the pubs and cafes are shut, so it's just locals walking or riding in the area which is a bit out on a limb and not well populated (about 500 residents). to be honest, the Parish Council could win some brownie points by opening the barrier and letting them get off the road and into the unused car park.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 18:21

My Motorhome: Carthago
Mega impressed with your garden hedge in the first picture.

barryd likes this.

John
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 13-04-2020, 18:26

When we were travelling home through France we used the CampingCarPark system as everywhere else was closed. One of the valid reasons for using them during the lock down was given as "I live full time in my motorhome". I was very tempted.............
raynipper likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page