Are we CV19 bound - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 16:50 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Executive
Are we CV19 bound

Has anything been said about going away in the vans just recently. Ive been working hard doing mine up and now its all done, we want to hit the road but dont want to be breaking any ethical rules. Any ideas guys. We hail from Leeds and are open to suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 16:56
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
We fully intend going away for a few days here and there. Mrs GMJ falls into the 'At Risk' category but 12 weeks at home would drive her (and me) potty. Sooooo......

Find a site or CS/Cl thats pretty isolated (in the UK). Fill up with water/beer/food prior to leaving. Use your on board facilities. DON'T go to the pub but DO go for lots of walks out in the fresh air. Keep your distance if you meet someone.

That's our plan anyway

Graham
patp and mcpezza like this.

I like to use big words which I don't really understand so it makes me look more photosynthesis!

Last edited by GMJ; 19-03-2020 at 17:00.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 17:16 Thread Starter

We were thinking of doing the west coast of scotland around Mordor or whatever its called.
patp likes this.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 17:28

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,066 Times in 925 Posts
Personal Aire
Ive read a lot of posts from people thinking of doing the same thing. Maybe Scotland might get crowded. However currently I believe sites are open and of course wilding and CLs is a possibility but for how long? If they start locking people down and stopping anything but essential travel shortly it all goes out of the window I guess and none of us will be going anywhere.
patp likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 19:55

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yeah, get out and about spreading it. Thats what has happened in Italy, Spain and probably France soon.
When will people in UK start to take it seriously?

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 20:35 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Yeah, get out and about spreading it. Thats what has happened in Italy, Spain and probably France soon.
When will people in UK start to take it seriously?

Ray.
People will probably take you seriously the day you offer an opinion laced with concern and logic as opposed to a passive aggressive rant.

If we do go out, like I am sure others are contemplating, we will stock the van with food and water and visit places were we have little or no contact with other humans except garages and maybe the odd shop, then when the food runs out, we come home. Not everyone has no regard for others. Last year it was the brexiteers and this years the covid19 ers hot on the trail of whatever seems conflictive.

In so much as the virus is concerned, we are responsible and when all is said and done, it was simply a question based on an idea not a given fact. Sorry but your retort was very pointed.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 20:48

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
How do you think you will be perceived?

Might you just possibly appear to others to be a holiday maker who considers themselves exempt from the precautions. If enough people emulated you might it give the impression that life goes on with people going on as normal?

How many days food and water can you store in your motorhome? Can you self isolate for as long as you could at home?

All those contacts you mention are ones that could be avoided if you followed the best advice. Not that of the UK Government admittedly.
patp and raynipper like this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 19-03-2020 at 20:50.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 20:51

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
We are still thinking of a small remote farm

Close to the tissington trail

So close in fact it’s next to the site

We will check again it’s ok

And cycle, I’ll learn the trycycle, shadow will run

We will isolate in the van

Sandra
patp likes this.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 21:03

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
I don't think it was an aggressive rant, more a response to a question that many will find an ill advised proposal, perhaps Ray could have worded it with more sympathy.

The underlying problem is that the UK government appear to not be taking the outbreak seriously enough.
It appears from afar that the prime minister and some of his advisers don't have sufficient balls to legislate sufficiently, rather rely on suggestions.

Younger people if they become infected, apparently will only suffer mild inconvenience but will still be likely to infect others, who if older are likely to die from the resulting infection.

The only way to minimise the likelihood of infecting others is to follow all WHO recommendations one of which is to remain in semi isolation where possible and minimise non essential travel.

Cherekee, H1-GBV, erneboy and 2 others like this.

John
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 21:10

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Sorry Sam. I take it all back if your not going.

But I am amazed that until the death toll escalates in UK as it has in Italy and Spain, people just do not seem to be taking it seriously.
There are still pub nights and various gatherings with the potential to spread any disease. The only way apparently to prevent it's spread is to minimise any contact.
Most other European countries are taking it very seriously in the hope that less people will die!

The UK still seems to be adopting the "Lets wait and see" attitude. How high does the death toll need to be before extreme measures are taken?

Ray.
H1-GBV and patp like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page