Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Camping and Caravan Club Reviews

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  patp 
#1 ·
Has anyone had trouble getting one published?

After our experience on a campsite here last year I thought I would leave a review of it on the C&CC website. It was never published.
I recently wrote another one and tried to phrase it less critically but still honestly. They, again, have not published it. Before we went to the site we read the reviews that were largely good but pointed out the odd niggle. They, too, have disappeared. After both my reviews were not published I noticed that no reviews are showing for that site at all. That includes the ones that were published, with the odd criticism, before I wrote mine and the ones after I wrote my unpublished ones.

I wonder if the site owner has control over the website reviews and can delete them or whether C&CC do not like any negatives reviews?

#2 ·
I have had numerous reviews published on the C&CC website although it's often a few months before they appear. Have you checked to see if the site is still on the clubs website? It's possible that the owner has closed the site down or withdrawn it from the C&CC jurisdiction. Critical reviews are quite common so I doubt its got anything to do with the tone of your review.

#4 ·
You have to remember that bad reviews do not go down well with the site it is targeted at, unfortunately they will exercise their right to not print or recognise any negative comments that may put them in a bad light, impartiality is not something they practice.

#10 ·
This particular site is in Spain.

I tried to get a refund, as I had booked through C&CC. They said they would ask the owner. He, of course, refused. I wonder if the Winter Sun campsites are run a little differently from the uk ones? They are still inspected by someone from the C&CC, though, because someone came round while we were there (nice job :) ).

When I first looked at the site, on line, it had mixed reviews but they disappeared. Then I sent mine in and they never appeared. While I waited for them to be approved there was another one which mentioned the negative aspects as well as the positives but that has disappeared now. I can only think that the owner has control over what appears.

Google reviews still have all the reviews sent to them showing.

As has been said above, what is the point of reviews if they are censored?

#12 ·
It is not a Rally site but is listed in their "Winter Sun" sites. To be fair to them they do mention that it is not their "usual" site but explain that they had had lots of requests to feature it.
The site has no potable water so you have to go buy your own. It does not remove any waste so you have to take your waste to the nearest depository. The electric is a joke as is the wifi. Worst of all, though, is the noise. It is right next door to a farm with sheep/goats and about seven dogs. These dogs run the fence barking at the slightest noise including any from the sheep and any other dog in the vicinity of which there are many. It goes on all night. Other than that it is lovely :) It has wonderful views and large pitches. There is a dedicated band of regulars but we realised, after a while, that they all wear hearing aids and/or drink heavily and so do not hear the cacophony going on all night. Oh, and I forgot that there is a nearby road servicing the port at Garucha with gypsum loaded lorries passing every 30 seconds or so each way all through the working day.

In case you want to go - https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/spain/costa-de-almeria/la-canada/

#15 ·
As I am happy to allow Google Maps to know my movements, I usually get asked to comment on any business and location I visit shortly after leaving.
I am happy to give vent or praise and have posted thousands of comments which Google keeps telling me have been viewed and appreciated.
The odd adverse comment has brought various reactions from the business. Some asking me to return and get better service and some just acknowledging my comment. But good or bad they are posted.

Ray.

#17 ·
All 22 reviews (including the OPs) are still published under the site's correct name:
Cañada Camping Mojacar

Those reviews describe the comments mentioned, including water, electricity, WiFi and barking dogs, etc.

Put the site name mentioned above into a web browser, and click reviews. Do not click 'Website" option as that merely takes people to the CCC.

Reactions: xgx
#18 ·
Those reviews are not, however, published on the C&CC site which was my original point. Why are they not being honest with their members? I think we came to the conclusion that they may just be booking agents for European sites and so do not have control over what is or is not published.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.