Booking the tunnel - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 21-01-2020, 08:27

If i select a crossing without entering my camper registration but by selecting crossing with a camper then I only get the length questions

If I select using my registration which has been used every year on the tunnel for last 12 years then it identifies it as a Sprinter and a camper and that is when this warning about being over 3.5 tonnes pops up telling me to get in touch or use the freight service

My camper is a Frankia low profile on a 5 tonne Sprinter

Reading Eurotunnelís help section i.e. size / type of vehicle it permits a camper over 3.5 T but the wording of the warning on the booking appears to contradict this

Have emailed eurotunnel for clarification

May even book via the motorhome and caravan club which is offering a 10%

Last edited by trek; 21-01-2020 at 08:32.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 21-01-2020, 08:58

My Motorhome: Frankia Platin I8400QD
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
If i select a crossing without entering my camper registration but by selecting crossing with a camper then I only get the length questions

If I select using my registration which has been used every year on the tunnel for last 12 years then it identifies it as a Sprinter and a camper and that is when this warning about being over 3.5 tonnes pops up telling me to get in touch or use the freight service

My camper is a Frankia low profile on a 5 tonne Sprinter

Reading Eurotunnelís help section i.e. size / type of vehicle it permits a camper over 3.5 T but the wording of the warning on the booking appears to contradict this

Have emailed eurotunnel for clarification

May even book via the motorhome and caravan club which is offering a 10%
The vehicle database they use is a long way from comprehensive - our Frankia on a 5 tonne Sprinter is simply a ďMercedes SprinterĒ to them - even though this is the third time weíve booked this vehicle with them. Iím confident they will confirm to you, as they have to me, that there is nothing to be concerned about.

Iíve emailed them suggesting that the wording is amended to clarify, but Iím not holding my breath.

Regards,
John

If only I could think of an original, witty signature . . . this is where it would be . . .
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 21-01-2020, 15:05

My Motorhome: Neismann & Bischoff Arto 66F
Personal Aire
I've just set up a frequent traveller account to be shared with someone else, and it's different from when I did it previously. Now you have to hold a personal account, and once you set up a frequent traveller account it shows that "wallet" in your personal account. I have also put my motorhome in the vehicles section (as well as my car), and entered the reg number, and it came up as a Fiat Niesmann & Bischoff (which is what is actually on the registration document. After that it flagged me up as a "camper van" and asked for the length range (I think it was 5.5 to 8m). No request for weight or any other details. I suspect that some van conversions are actually registered just as a Fiat Ducato van, or whatever, and this is possibly where problems are arising?

[/SIZE]
As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.

I don't feed trolls!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 21-01-2020, 15:29 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
I must admit Iíve never needed to enter anything other than make and length

Ours is 385 , and we've crossed numerous time with it without going via freight

Sandra
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 21-01-2020, 20:29

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E444
I booked my crossing 4 days ago and had the same, if over 3.5 ton ring the freight line. So I didnt put the reg in till later on when I got to the booking page.
I just put in Fiat Swift Bessacarr and the length, and it came up as motorhome and then I went to booking.

Peter.
The Following User Says Thank You to waspes For This Useful Post:
trek (21-01-2020)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 27-01-2020, 21:43

eurotunnel never replied to my email !

So none the wiser

But by booking via the camping and caravan club or the motorhome and caravan club , its not an issue as there is no mention there
plus you get a 10% discount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page