Report of Jans breakdown - Page 12 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

181Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 12:31

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Ah, I can't even see Terry's link.

I can open the link you posted Jan but if I scroll down I don't see your comments. The page I see has only six short comments on it. I do see a line of clickable photograph video links of cars across the top of the page they won't scroll to the side so I can't go past them that way.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 12:53 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Yes Pat. Thats it exactly. Maybe Association of motor manufacturers.

Ray.

What would I say to them and what would they do?
I´ve truly had enough hassle to last the rest of my life in the last 3 months, I wont peace and quiet now.
It´s difficult handling all this stuff when you´re on your own, I can´t take over other peoples lives with my problems.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #113 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 12:56

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Dunno Jan. Sometimes you need to just sit and reflect. If and when an idea occurs to you go for it but don't chase or get stressed.

Ray.
jonasw19 and JanHank like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #114 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 12:56 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Ah, I can't even see Terry's link.

I can open the link you posted Jan but if I scroll down I don't see your comments. The page I see has only six short comments on it. I do see a line of clickable photograph video links of cars across the top of the page they won't scroll to the side so I can't go past them that way.
Sorry, Terry´s link is the same as mine he was quoting me. silly me.
erneboy likes this.

I'm Jan
post #115 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 13:07

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I have added my six penn'orth..... our clutch has had to be replaced at just over 30k miles methinks there may be a few tolerances that are TOO tight and adverse wear may be apparent.

Bad publicity on social media may well not get anywhere as Fiat know there is little choice for MH so they can duck away from goodwill gestures since the opposit is unlikely to affect their sales.....

But, every little helps, so any Fiat faults brought into the open may result in something - probably the deletion of the thread....
eurajohn likes this.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #116 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 17:07 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I have just received on FB messenger.
This is what I wrote on their fB page this morning:-

I just come off the phone to speak English. Italian who's name I could not understand. He looked at the case numbers and I once again I am not Entitled to any goodwill Because the service I had not carried out by a fiat agent, I told him agent has not been necessary since 2010, and he said the vehicle is out of Guarantee. He was unable to connect me to Amanda, who appears to be head of department and left a message for her to call me, I asked him to tell her to email me so I have their excuse in black and white, he says he can´t guarantee she will email me. I wonder why not.
Hi Janet,
we really understand that you are disappointed, but we from the social media team have no access to your client data. That is why we can not really help here 😞
Nether less we have asked internally and got the feedback, that the customer service received your email and that they are on it.
We hope that they get back to you with a written answer soon.
Have you called the customer service or have they called you?
Best
Your Fiat Team

I'm Jan

Last edited by JanHank; 11-12-2019 at 17:12.
post #117 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 17:23

Keeping at it may get you somewhere Jan. If not at least you've annoyed the mean gits.

In their shoes I'd see it as a manufacturing defect. I'd put it right as a gesture of goodwill.

In fact I'm wondering if there wouldn't be a case for arguing that their guarantee is not really an issue here. It might be suggested that this is a fitness for purpose issue and that everybody buying a new vehicle is absolutely entitled to expect it not to suffer this kind of catastrophic failure at such a young age and low mileage. I also say that being a motorhome it would be practically impossible for it to be subjected to hard driving and that anyway the condition of the vehicle generally, along with the evidence of proper servicing, would confirm that it was extremely improbable that could have been subjected to any abuse that might have contributed to this mechanical failure.

In your shoes I'd run that past a UK consumer rights solicitor just to see what they say.
barryd likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #118 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 17:35

This "After this initial six-month period, you will have to prove that any faults are not down to misuse of the product or general wear and tear. This might require you to obtain an expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems across the product range. Factors such as the price, the specification/model of the goods, the length of time you’ve had the goods and the length of time which they should last will all be considerations.

If all else fails, you have six years from when you bought the faulty goods to take a claim to the small claims court and reclaim the cost of repair of the product."

Comes from here: https://www.inbrief.co.uk/consumer-law/warranties/

I'd say your engine should have lasted longer than it did. I'd say the warranty Fiat gives doesn't limit their liability and that they may be liable in your case. Surely any court would hold that a properly cared for engine should last longer and for more miles than yours did, especially given that it's in a motorhome where it couldn't be subjected to abuse.

I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it, but I'd take some advice and give it a go. It might be worth joining Which and using their legal advice service. They do get results.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

You did buy it in the UK didn't you?

Make sure the garage don't dump the old bits if you are considering this. It will need some expert examination.
barryd likes this.

post #119 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 17:40

"What if my warranty has run out?
If a warranty in relation to goods you have bought has run out, this will have no effect on your statutory rights under CRA 2015, meaning a retailer cannot refuse to provide you with a repair simply because the warranty has expired."

post #120 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 17:55 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Me
Thanks for contacting me on messenger. I called them this morning and reported it to you on the fiat page.
After complaining bitterly to a male English speaker who's name I could not understand, he left a message for Amanda, I asked him to tell her to send the explanation on an email to me, so far I have not heard from her.

Fiat
Thanks for clarifying! Please let us know if you don't hear back from them by the end of the week or Monday. We can then ask again for you.

I'm Jan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page