Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Offer on Tyrepal Solar

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Webby1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I got mine a couple weeks , dead easy to set up, pain to get the tyres exact same pressures , had them set in a garage when we had the mot done , certified tyre pressure gauge , but one wheel / tyre must have been hotter as it's always 2 psi different .
The display is really good , it can some times take 30 seconds and more to get all tyres to display their pressures ( the sensors wake up when the wheels move )

#4 ·
The snag with the solar system is that it can ONLY cope with four wheels, so not a lot of use if you tow a trailer.
I have had a multi wheel Tyrepal system on my car and caravan for a few years now, wouldn’t be without it especially as it tells me what’s going on with the caravans tyres. It alerted me to a loss of pressure in one of my car tyres long before I would have felt it (low profile back tyre) so I just had to pay for a puncture repair and not buy a new tyre £250+)

Andy

Reactions: greygit
#6 ·
The snag with the solar system is that it can ONLY cope with four wheels, so not a lot of use if you tow a trailer.
I have had a multi wheel Tyrepal system on my car and caravan for a few years now, wouldn't be without it especially as it tells me what's going on with the caravans tyres. It alerted me to a loss of pressure in one of my car tyres long before I would have felt it (low profile back tyre) so I just had to pay for a puncture repair and not buy a new tyre £250+)

Andy
I think you can buy extra valves?
That code CAMSOL19 does not seem to work now...also tried CAMSOI19 just in case, but no luck....

Any suggestions or has it finished ?
Try CAMCSOL19

#8 ·
The problem is that the monitor (the bit you look at) can only cope with 4 sensors! You can buy as many sensors as you like, but you can only use 4 at a time, hence my post.

Andy

#10 ·
Think you'll find that the monitor can have 6 tyres on it. Four tyres then the screen alternates to the other two.

#12 ·
From the Tyrepal website....
‘If your motorhome has 6 wheels, just purchase another two TCSO sensors
The Solar Colour is not suitable for caravans or trailers – to monitor these types of vehicles please refer to our TC215B systems.’
Guess we’re both right.

#14 · (Edited)
I have no idea but I am sure the manufacturers know their product. I wonder if the solar one uses different sensors that have a more limited range perhaps? I have the unit they suggest I need and that will monitor up to 22 sensors!! It also picks up the two sensors on my caravan and they are a good 7m distant from the head unit.

It's a shame really because I would like to have a solar powered head unit and dispense with having to recharge the internal battery every so often.

Andy

#15 · (Edited)
I’ve just figured it out!!!

The TC215B, Which is the system I have enables you to “link” and “unlink” the trailer sensors from the head unit depending on whether you are towing or not. So when solo I can tell it NOT to look for the 2 sensors on the caravan.

The Solar colour one doesn’t have that facility so would always be looking for the additional 2 sensors on the caravan, but if you have 6 wheels on your MH it would always be able to “see” them as they would always be present.

I knew there had to be a reason! Just couldn’t work it out until now.

I will award myself THREE brownie points :smile2:

Andy

Reactions: kabundi
#17 ·
I’ve just ordered a cheap Chinese tyre monitor for £16. Solar powered or battery etc, so very similar to the Tyrepal model.
Will report back when tested.
Could be some delay, delivery expected beginning of August.

Reactions: raynipper
#18 ·
How much ????

#20 · (Edited)
Just received and fitted the £16 TPM.
Quality looks ok. Tyre sensors look identical to tyrepal, fitting the same.
The manual is short and to the point written in understandable-ish Chi
First test run and the monitor behaved impeccably warning me that both front tyres were low pressure. Nice loud bleeps and display flashing. The display is clearer (IMO) than the Tyrepal version.
Each tyre sensor comes preset and clearly marked. Setting up the high and low parameters was a bit iffy but I think I’ve done it. Was a bit puzzled by Tyrepal as well.
I purchased from Banggood!

#22 ·
They look identical to me . Of course they might have some sort of coded identifier.
At the price though I reckon it would be worth buying the 'Chinese' set just to replace the whole of a Tyrepal set.

Reactions: chasper
#23 ·
So the Tyrepal at £66 don't look such a bargain now....................generally quite happy with the Chinese stuff so wish I'd done a search before buying.

Of course, it's always possible they won't be as reliable but it wouldn't surprise me if they came from the same place.

I just don't believe there are that many factories making these devices in exactly the same way or that they retool the assembly line "because we are making the cheaper

ones this week"

As they say............................................buy cheap.................................buy thrice...................and still save money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.