User Tag List

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 16:01 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Sad dumping old photos

Just having a clear out to change from an old book case to a new chest of drawers.
Dozens of photo albums housing thousands of pictures of visiting 39 states and tourist locations from Los Angels to Florida over the last 30 years.
Seems a shame but what do you do with them. I don't want to spend a month scanning and 'saving' them to CD as they will still not get looked at.

Just skipping through them now brings back so many memories of easy travel times and people we met.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 16:14

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Keep them!! Wont the family be interested in them? Or something to look at over a nice bottle of wine one night. Mind you I have drawers full of em an all. It just pisses me off if I look at them though and see what a slim sex god I once was.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 16:50 Thread Starter

Makes me wonder Baz. They haven't been looked at for 20 years like the old VCR tapes of the states. Binned them.
I guess they only mean something to us and as you say young, hairy, slim, unwrinkled and carefree. 25th. wedding anniversary on the Queen Mary.
But the kids will have so much of our junk to dispose of they won't have time to flick through snaps.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 17:14

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
They will Ray. My mother after my father died had a purge and chucked out all sorts of stuff. When she eventually passed away we found hardly any old photos or memories of them. I think what was left my sister and brother probably took and I have hardly anything to remember them by. My father wrote plays and a couple of books, some of which ended up on Radio four and was a regular contributor to several sporting magazines and papers. God knows what happened to all of that. Its like they never existed. Sorry if thats a bit morbid but stuff like that I think is important.

Thats why Ive made so many youtube music videos so that if anything happens to me you can all watch them over and over again.
Pudsey_Bear and tugboat like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 17:17 Thread Starter

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 19:38

My Motorhome: Swift KonTiki 669
Personal Aire
Don't throw them! My parents separated when I was a teenager, we think my Father took a load of photograps (of when we lived in Australia when I was a child) when he left and they've ended up in the possession of his partner although she denies it. My Mother is now in a care home with dementia, she has a fairly large shoebox of photographs which my Sister and I have loved looking at and sharing with cousins and lifelong friends. It's a shame about the missing ones but my Sister and I treasure the ones we do have. Don't underestimate the sentimental value of family photos - even for future generations.
barryd and JanHank like this.

Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way you are a mile away and have their shoes too
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 19:57

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I couldn't possibly part with any of our photos, they are all in albums and I have 3 full of very old photos, of my brothers when they were young for instance, but I often have a look at one album of another when we are reminiscing about our live together. Of course lots of the pictures include our eight deceased dogs and I would never part with them.😑
Kaytutt and tugboat like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 22:09 Thread Starter

But most of these are our travel snaps and not really family photos. I'm sure my wife will be hanging onto early family and kids pics but not holiday snaps.

Ray.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 22-05-2019, 22:16

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
But most of these are our travel snaps and not really family photos. I'm sure my wife will be hanging onto early family and kids pics but not holiday snaps.

Ray.
Do you mean photos of buildings and scenery Ray, those boring old photos with nothing personal on them like a person, dog or cat or even a budgie, if so I'll give you permission to dump them
raynipper likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 23-05-2019, 06:35 Thread Starter

Thanks Jan, it's outa my hands now and decisions have been made for me...…..

Ray.
JanHank likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page