C & m c - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-04-2019, 15:21 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Autocruise Startrail
Personal Aire
C & m c

We are at Chatsworth Park for three days, leaving tomorrow but I could not believe the price they charge here....£109 for 3 days for just two adults on a standard pitch. The wardens still only receive minimum national wage. Nothing special about the site, only one toilet block etc

I realise it is Easter week but come on. With a £52 joining fee I think that all C & M C sites should charge the same price in high season (unless of course there are no facilities at all).

They have no age reduction as the C & C C do but they do have low season mid week rates. But then the C & C C want a deposit to book a pitch that I hear is non refundable.

Most CL's are no longer cheap, some I have found have wanted to charge £22 a night !

Camping isn't cheap anymore

Dave

We LOVE Our "MO"

Dave & Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-04-2019, 15:41

My Motorhome: Neismann & Bischoff Arto 66F
Personal Aire
It's easter. high season. I have always avoided peak season because of this

[/SIZE]
As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.

I don't feed trolls!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-04-2019, 16:48

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
We are going to Chatsworth later this month for three nights midweek at a cost of £84.30.

At those C&MC prices we should get a free brekky brought to us on a silver tray by a Butler from the House - but I don't think we will.

Roll on France later in the year and the free Aires ......

raynipper likes this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-04-2019, 17:28

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithChesterfield View Post
We are going to Chatsworth later this month for three nights midweek at a cost of £84.30.

At those C&MC prices we should get a free brekky brought to us on a silver tray by a Butler from the House - but I don't think we will.

Roll on France later in the year and the free Aires ......

C'mon Keith, Chatsworth is a good and popular site hence the price, the choice is yours as to whether you go or not, seems like you have made your choice.

Barry
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-04-2019, 20:32

We've just paid £17 to £18 a night at three CL's and looking in this year's books there aren't many below £10 (mostly without hookup!).

Add non member's pitch fee of £12 a night at club sites and I can see why the smaller commercial sites are now more popular

Steve
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-04-2019, 22:18

My Motorhome: Swift KonTiki 669
Personal Aire
We are going to Chatsworth next Monday and Tuesday, think it's £78 for two nights. I hate paying that much but it's a bucket list thing for me, I can tick it off my list

Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way you are a mile away and have their shoes too
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 18-04-2019, 07:20

My Motorhome: Frankia Platin I8400QD
Weíve been members for over twenty years and used their sites a lot in our early years with a caravan and three children under two years old - we valued the consistency and quality of the facilities at the time. Yes, they are expensive - but they also seem to be very popular and busy. Clearly the market is supporting the C&MC pricing strategy - Iím guessing that they donít need to be full to make enough money to keep improving the network of sites. They donít seem to have any trouble recruiting wardens either (though Iím sure Iím not the only one to have met the personality by-pass, jobsworth types - but these are very rare and easily outshone by the many really good ones).

We rarely use the main club sites now - but are happy to do so when they are in a location that we want to be. Many CLs are still available for £10-£12 per night - and these are often good value and pleasant places to be if, like us, lack of facilities (ehu, wc, showers etc) isnít a concern.

I continue to support the C&MC as a member, even though my usage of their full sites doesnít warrant it, my use of CLs does make it worthwhile.

Regards,
John
caulkhead and Matchlock like this.

If only I could think of an original, witty signature . . . this is where it would be . . .
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 18-04-2019, 07:48

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzyjohn View Post
Weíve been members for over twenty years and used their sites a lot in our early years with a caravan and three children under two years old - we valued the consistency and quality of the facilities at the time. Yes, they are expensive - but they also seem to be very popular and busy. Clearly the market is supporting the C&MC pricing strategy - Iím guessing that they donít need to be full to make enough money to keep improving the network of sites. They donít seem to have any trouble recruiting wardens either (though Iím sure Iím not the only one to have met the personality by-pass, jobsworth types - but these are very rare and easily outshone by the many really good ones).

We rarely use the main club sites now - but are happy to do so when they are in a location that we want to be. Many CLs are still available for £10-£12 per night - and these are often good value and pleasant places to be if, like us, lack of facilities (ehu, wc, showers etc) isnít a concern.

I continue to support the C&MC as a member, even though my usage of their full sites doesnít warrant it, my use of CLs does make it worthwhile.

Regards,
John
That's pretty much our view, except we are in C&CC. It's worth being members so that we can use the Certified Sites. Like you we rarely stay on the Club sites except when they are in a particularly nice location and when there are no smaller sites available in the area. I think the C&CC prices are pretty reasonable particularly now we are both 60+. We also use the Camping in the Forest sites in the New Forest. Very basic facilities but a real "get away from it all" feeling and reasonably priced.
Ozzyjohn likes this.

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 18-04-2019, 17:24

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Yes, some of them are out of my price range especially being a solo. They seem to be sacrificing the 'middle income' pensioner for families. Noticed how focused they are on family stuff in their marketing? IMHO nothing to like in having to share a campsite -- and the bathrooms -- with hordes of icky unsupervised kids who turn the showers into a swamp and don't know how to flush the toilet. etc etc.
raynipper likes this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 18-04-2019, 22:03

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I think venturing across "La Manche" is not something to be undertaken lightly or so it seems;

No free parking places like aires or stellplatz or similar....😢

Parking fees and fines wherever you seem to choose to stop.... 😢😢

Club sites that seem to cost at least a week's pension for one NIGHT ..... 😢😢😢

CL's or CS's that seem more expensive than high standard sites here.... 😢😢😢😢

Gasoil prices that are higher than here (often) .....😢😢😢😢😢

Much higher crime rate as so many want 5* security alarms "just in case".....😢😢😢😢😢😢

I am sure I will think of others, but I have a rather nice local red (Chateaux La Rayaul, Bergerac 4.15Ä @ Intermarche) that needs finishing....

Oh, yes, that's another one... 🍷. 🤔. 🍾. 😃
barryd likes this.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page