Away at Beadnell Northumberland - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

7Likes
  • 5 Post By Ian1964
  • 1 Post By Ian1964
  • 1 Post By jiwawa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 13-04-2019, 12:29 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Personal Aire
Away at Beadnell Northumberland

We are away in the knaus for a week at Beadnell camping and caravaning site, lovely place just over the road from the beach, it’s a bit chilly but nice and sunny.
Anyway in preparing the MH for the first trip of the year I was taking out the satellite box and just leaving the cables in place and just use TV with free view and a powered digital aerial, well I thought I would use the power lead from the sat box, made all the connections and nowt checked fuse checked connections nowt, an hour later got my multimeter out checked at junction box meter set at 200 plusV still nowt, ok it’s now I saw the other junction box with 230V on the lid, bugger bugger been trying to connect to 12V system, the 12V lid was lying on the shelf mmm I’m prepared for the p..s taking, I was annoyed (being diplomattic here)
Still not tried the TV yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 13-04-2019, 21:27

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Oh dear!..... But a lesson learned. And a good time being had despite that!

Jean
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 11:46 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Hi All,

TV working great although this is not used that much to be honest, The aerial is in the windscreen area, long term I am going to use the satellite dish mount and the existing coax wire.
We use the DAB radio most of the time.

Its nice and sunny but fresh out walking.

The new set up at Beadnell is great, Staff are friendly and could not do enough for you.
My only gripe with site is its very exposed with no trees or hedges you can hide behind, windbreaks are recommended.

It is predominately Motorhomes and campervans using the site this weekend.
There is a small mobile catering unit on site which does fish and chips etc in evenings, fish is fresh and chips great, they also do breakfasts which are in my opinion expensive

Ian

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 14:24

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself Ian. I'm in a rather damp Voitsberg, Austria.

Jean
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 19:02 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Hi Jean

Anytime out in the MH is good time - relaxing, fixing bits and bobs and working out how stuff works in the MH - instructions in German

An example being I took out the radio head unit as it was one of those new fangled no CD flip up screen answer your phone gadgets, being old school and liking modern DAB I fitted a as new DAB head unit with CD player, well the MH has a grand sound system, loads of speakers and huge amp but there are splitter boxes, what were they for? they isolate different sections of the MH, found some awesome woofers when I turned it up - rattled the windows and the boss nearly fell off her seat.
In changing the head unit I have left some cables unconnected under the dashboard, as before I could have listened to the TV thru the amp, I will leave this tinkering until I get home.

Hope it does not stay to damp in Austria?

Ian
fdhadi likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1964 View Post
Hi Jean

Anytime out in the MH is good time - relaxing, fixing bits and bobs and working out how stuff works in the MH - instructions in German

An example being I took out the radio head unit as it was one of those new fangled no CD flip up screen answer your phone gadgets, being old school and liking modern DAB I fitted a as new DAB head unit with CD player, well the MH has a grand sound system, loads of speakers and huge amp but there are splitter boxes, what were they for? they isolate different sections of the MH, found some awesome woofers when I turned it up - rattled the windows and the boss nearly fell off her seat.
In changing the head unit I have left some cables unconnected under the dashboard, as before I could have listened to the TV thru the amp, I will leave this tinkering until I get home.

Hope it does not stay to damp in Austria?

Ian
Most of that goes over my head Ian, but the bits I did understand (in bold) - I hope you're not parked anywhere near me!!! (I can't do smilies, but there should be one there!)

Yes, it stayed a bit damp but sure, that's what the wet-gear is for!
fdhadi likes this.

Jean
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-04-2019, 23:17

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Thereís some good winkles to be had off the rocks on the beach.
Put them in flour and water for a couple of hours to clean out the sand.
Boil for about 3 minutes serve with vinegar and brown bread and butter.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page