Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Motorhome ChitChat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/20-motorhome-chitchat/)
-   -   All change at Easter (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/20-motorhome-chitchat/235861-all-change-easter.html)

raynipper 18-04-2019 17:27

More info and explications please Viv.

Ray.

patp 19-04-2019 06:41

Excited for you Viv :)

HermanHymer 20-04-2019 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynipper (Post 3026887)
More info and explications please Viv.

Ray.

Sure can.. happy to.. not sure what's to explain.

raynipper 21-04-2019 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by HermanHymer (Post 3027241)
Sure can.. happy to.. not sure what's to explain.

This bit Viv...Ö.

I've sold my car and I have an irrational optimism my house will sell now. I've resigned from my copywriting job. I think the planets are coming round to my way of thinking. On the freeway of life, I've been behind the proverbial donkey cart for far too long.

Ray.

HermanHymer 21-04-2019 12:14

Well now I'm on my own, I can do as I please. Time for major life changes. I do have nomadic tendencies but it's never easy to leave behind all the good people and things you enjoy, even when you know the planned future lifestyle is what you want. I've had my feet in both camps since I retired in 2004.

I thought long and hard about giving up my writing work - anything in words for advertising, marketing and fundraising. It keeps the brain in shape, but I reached the been there, done that, stage. Not short of things to keep me busy.

I've been back in SA for 6 months sorting out and trying to sell the house. No takers yet but I'll be back in UK 7 May, at least for the summer and autumn. No definite commitments after that. But I do need to sell the house - too big for one and too much work. My son has invited me to come and live with him in UK. He's on his own and travels a lot for work. (Mum's pretty handy around the house and in business too!)

No point leaving my (SA) car to rot in the garage for 6 months or longer and at 4 years of age a good time to sell. I always look after my possessions so it went like a hot cake.

On the economic front, things are pretty stagnant here with an election coming up next month. So things just move in their own time, so no point getting impatient or anxious.

'Irrational optimism'? Well I do listen to the universe sending me messages, the deeper wisdom of my subconscious mind and all that jazz. Other than that I'm a regular 'happy chappy'. (Do not confuse with a happy clapper!)

jiwawa 21-04-2019 16:13

Maybe have the best of both worlds Viv, as I do. A bit of travelling and a bit of homebirding. But you've been doing that anyway.

aldra 21-04-2019 17:03

Viv,

You have my number

And you are welcome

Sandra

aldra 21-04-2019 18:22

Well Iím really depressed

Why I havenít a clue

Iím really struggling with the arthritis

My wrists hands

Knees ,ankles and feet

My shoulders at night

I canít manage the house

The hoover is heavy

And I donít think Albert understands

I canít manage steps , so canít clean above

I canít kneel so canít manage below

And Iím feeling

Itís his fault

He doesnít care about the house

But trapped in it

Itís important to me

And Iím thinking .......

Well after 55 years

Maybe

Sandra

jiwawa 22-04-2019 11:36

Would you go out and about in the MH Sandra, just locally? I'm thinking there's less to get stressed about in the van.

JanHank 22-04-2019 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldra (Post 3027367)
Well Iím really depressed

Why I havenít a clue

Iím really struggling with the arthritis

My wrists hands

Knees ,ankles and feet

My shoulders at night

I canít manage the house

The hoover is heavy

And I donít think Albert understands

I canít manage steps , so canít clean above

I canít kneel so canít manage below

And Iím feeling

Itís his fault

He doesnít care about the house

But trapped in it

Itís important to me

And Iím thinking .......

Well after 55 years

Maybe

Sandra

It's time to do one of two thing I think Sandra, find another home help or move to a small bungalow. I know you love your house, but your health is more important than worldly goods or even Albert😄😃 only joking with the last bit.
On the stairs you need a chair lift to get up there, social services could help with that and the home help.