Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Flabbergasted.

950 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This afternoon just after 1600 I completed an online application form for a Disabled Parking Permit.

It was completed and sent at 1615. I had a “Confirmation of your blue badge application” email at 1623 followed by another email at 1628 advising me that my application was successful.

I was completely flabbergasted, to be honest I only wanted to download the form but was unable to do so and therefor had to completed it to find out what questions they were asking. I must add that every question was completed honestly without any exaggeration.

Is this a record?

#2 ·
You obviously live in the right location Drew as these permits are a bit of a postal lottery. My married daughter with advanced MS had to undergo two meetings in an attempt to obtain one and then only managed it by a friend in the know who coached her regarding given the right (not necessarily the honest) answers. This was despite her condition being quite obvious. On the other hand a friend of ours living in different county thought that he would ‘give it a go’ and simply applied via the internet and obtained one through the post. All he has is a slight back problem (his definition not mine) which doesn’t stop him going on regularly four or five mile walks?

Ron

#4 ·
It takes about 4 weeks here (at least), although the advice is to apply 3 to 4 months before the last one runs out.

France requires the form to be obtained from the Marie, completed and then taken to the Doctor, who actually completes on-line and submits it. Photos are only sent in ONCE the application has been approved - the photo is then submitted to a Government website where it is incorporated into the new card. The cards are now credit card sized, not blue but are valid throughout the EU. They also send a windscreen sticker sleeve in which the reverse side (not the picture) can be displayed in the vehicle.

When I used mine in Romsey, the warden very politely asked if she could take a picture as this was the first that she had seen of that design and she thinks it is excellent, she wanted to show the other wardens from Hampshire. We had no trouble using it in the South, London or Derby where the Motability people were very switched on and said they had seen that design a few days / weeks earlier.

So all Blue Badges are not Blue or large objects....

#6 ·
Flabbergasted at how quick an answer I got.

I had heard of the tales of having to go in front of a panel or having a doctors certificate I didn't expect an immediate answer.

Due to my illness I have had to give up my motorhome, before commenting please get your facts right, I didn't know whither I would qualify or not, obviously I did.

#7 ·
I, like most I expect, have heard horror stories of people in real need being denied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.